An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Marijuana visions

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amethyst, Apr 24, 2015.

1. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

What kind of experiences did or do you have when you are stoned? Do you feel laid back and a little vague, or do you get vivid impressions in your mind, bordering onto hallucinations?
    For me marijuana has always been an extreme stimulant. Even just passively absorbing the smoke has an effect on me, that's why I only ever rarely consumed it in the past. It's simply too strong for me.
    How about you?
  2. henry

henry Community Champion

I've posted a similar question. I used to get Deja Vu's regularly. I felt as is everything I was doing, I'd done it before. It was like going back in time. I felt as if the song I was listening to, what I was watching on TV, or what I was texting to someone had already happened before. Sometimes I also felt like there was a bunch of people in what it seemed to me to be some kind of control room, watching me and hearing my thoughts. I felt like if they were only letting me know what they allowed me to know, like my thoughts couldn't go deeper without their permission. It was freaky, but very interesting.
  3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I've tried it twice in my life. The first time I was stone and laughed the whole time. I think my face was numb also. The second time I think I just fell asleep in the back of my friends pick up truck and that was about it.

I've known of other people having the same experiences. They just laughed and got really hungry.
  4. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

I get the munchies and I cannot stop eating. One time I bit my finger while stuffing my face with pizza, and I didn't stop the check it. I just kept on eating and was unphased by the finger bite. Numb and dumb.
  5. rightct

rightct Community Champion

The first time, I felt like I was the king of the world. The sensation is just amazing, and would've taken it again if I had had the occasion, undoubtedly. Then I took it again, and didn't feel anything. I heard from friends that I had developed tolerance to marijuana, and needed to wait a few months until I'd feel anything of particular again. It didn't happen because I didn't want to become addicted, so now I don't know how I'd feel if it took it again. :)
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think a lot of marijuana users will get the same kind of feelings, the most common of course being the stoned feeling, laughter, munchies etc but there's also the other side.

Paranoia, feeling sleepy and even nauseous can also be attributed to smoking weed.
  7. May102014

May102014 Active Contributor

I sure got the munchies that's for sure and also I felt like everything was slower creating the laid back feeling. The music too seems very loud even when I'm not that close to the stereo, seems like I hear every single instrument used in the song. Everything seemed so peaceful and calm once I used weed.
  8. devinametallic

devinametallic Active Contributor

Sometimes I would get really vivid dreams and hallucinations. But they were all pretty positive and happy thoughts. I would have adventures with people that I knew from a past life I haven't seen in a while just pop up and do things with me. It's weird but I kind of enjoy it.