An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Marijuana withdrawal

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by remnant, Mar 3, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Community Champion

I sometimes back learnt that addiction to marijuana is unique and not physical like most other drugs. It is emotional and therefore it is relatively easy to quit marijuana smoking without the awful withdrawal symptoms associated with other drugs. I also observed my brother discontinue using it for long periods of time without much fuss. Well?
  2. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace Senior Contributor

Thе longеr а реrson usеs mаrijuаnа, thе morе likеly thеy аrе to hаvе withdrаwаl symрtoms whеn thеy аrеn’t using it. Аnd tееn usеrs who suffеr mаrijuаnа withdrаwаl аrе morе likеly to ехреriеnсе mаrijuаnа аddiсtion thаn аdults. Onе in siх tееns who try mаrijuаnа will gеt аddiсtеd to it, аnd thаt goеs uр to аs mаny аs onе-hаlf of tееns who usе it еvеry dаy.
  3. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Yes, it is true that marijuana is different that other drugs and it is easier to leave it when compared to most of the drugs but marijuana is one of the most addictive drugs out there . Therefore, when a person starts taking heavy doses of marijuana on a regular basis, the withdrawal can be more dangerous than most of the other drugs. My friend was a serious marijuana addict and the withdrawal symptoms he experienced after leaving that drug was one of the worse symptoms that I have even seen in my entire life. Though, he was able to leave that drug and now he is living happily.