An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

MAT Support Group

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by Joshstillclean, May 30, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Made me laugh. Ill,leave it. Who cares.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  2. Joshstillclean

How did the MAT thing go for you@True concern? I sent a message on your page but I think your out here on the forum. Just wondered If you talked to the Dr yet?
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Praying for you brother. I'm posting this so we can all be praying for you. I will not speak any further about your situation that's up to you to do if you want.

I will get us all on board with the prayers coming your way however.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern I'm thinking about you to and wondering how you are and if you started. Let us know please.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Joshstillclean

I know all my regular peeps I can count on watch this thread so I will post this here.
    I haven't heard from Jennie in a couple days and that is very strange her last message to me seemed rather stressed.
    So lets keep her in mind as well.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I talked to my Dr she doesn't think suboxone is the right thing for me because my tolerance is not up there anymore and I'm not taking pills daily just like 1. 5mg Norco every other day to keep my organs from suffering so I will be tapering off that way eventually going to 1 pill every third day and so on while taking vitamins to help my organs get back to normal
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  7. Joshstillclean

So happy to hear that you have a plan.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  8. True concern

It's kinda tough but mom holds the pills but it is hard to not want more but I do want to finally get past this
  9. Joshstillclean

Tell me about it... Just gotta get used to that wanting more feeling. You've been clean before. You know it gets better eventually.
    But I will give it to you cravings are a bitc!
    deanokat likes this.
  10. True concern

Very true,I do know it gets easier I just need to keep that knowledge front and center
  11. Joshstillclean

Hey, it doesn't hurt to be reminded of it daily either. Remember when you were doing really good and were talking me through the phases of detox.
    Well I took tour word for it. Something I would never do from someone I had never met. But I felt real sincerity in your words.
    You told me eventually I wouldn't need that bucket anymore. That seemed like an eternity. And I was scared. I texted you once and was in such tears I couldn't see hardly to text and you told me to layvon my side because the seizures and hallucinations were coming...
    Man you held my hand through a detox from hell. But I made it.
    Remember the person who helped this person. That's who you wanna be again...
    And I know you will.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  12. True concern

Wow it seems I have forgot that,it seems I have lost sight of the good in me again..but as I read this I remember that conversation as well it was a quick reminder that I am so much better than this and I need to get back there not just for me but for everyone a smart person once said (Damaged people hurt the world and those who have received help heal it) Not an exact quote but I think it's pretty close
  13. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm really glad to hear that you have a plan, @True concern. And that your mom holds the pills for you. Maybe it's a good thing that your doc said no to the Suboxone. Maybe that would've opened up another can of worms for you. Anyway, you know we're all here for you. And that we're all behind you 100 percent. So please, please, please use us as your support network, for accountability, etc.

Love ya, brother!
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  14. True concern

Thank you @deanokat it truly means alot
    deanokat likes this.
  15. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern I'm happy to hear you have a plan and so far it's working for you. I remember you were concerned about telling your doctor. How did she respond? It doesn't sound like it was as scary as you thought.
  16. Joshstillclean

So its been days now and @Geminx has not gotten in touch with me.
    We were talking daily until she got to her 30th day mark. That WAS the plan.
    She sent me a few distressed messages, and I haven't been able to get her. I even downloaded Twitter so mabey I could get through to her there because I know she uses Twitter.
    I dont, in fact this and an aquarium forum,are as close to social media as I get. But I cannot find her and one thing that worries me is she asked me should she go back to oxy so she could then taper rather than cold turkey.
    She hasn't spoken about any hardly after that. And now for days she's been MIA. I'm worried about her.
    As she would say" she's given this bloke a bloody right true scare".
    And if you are reading this Jen and relapsed I just wanna know your bloody ok bless it! A right and proper answer is what i say! Alright!
    And as I would say im freaking worried!
  17. True concern

She was shocked but believed what I was saying
    deanokat likes this.
  18. Joshstillclean

Does your doctor still want to see you? Is she the type that also blames the medical community form our current crisis or is she the type that does not believe it is a real disease.
    deanokat likes this.
  19. Joshstillclean

Not my business. But she just sounded like a good woman. And an even harder to find good doctor so i was curious.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. True concern

Yes she does believe in my life Dr's have used me as a "Test pilot" so to speak and yes I will see her again. In my early 20's when the opiates really got me I was seeing a Dr for cluster headaches which should be treated with oxygen or imitrex or both however my Dr at the time was giving me 180 Vicodin every 22 day's, this went on for about 2 year's well needless to say I was hooked,addicted,and terribly sick without the meds then one day he just cut me off without tapering me down,without methadone, without suboxone just no more pills,well I nearly died and ended up at another Dr who started me on 10mg oxycontin a day for about 1 month and 4 month's later I was getting 80mg oxycontin 3 time's a day and that lasted for about 2 year's and I almost died again even though at that time I was going to a methadone clinic but the dose of methadone was no where near what my body needed at the time,then I was told I had about a month to live and that's when I went cold turkey and had to be rushed to the hospital 3 time's or I would have died.I was told not long ago by a Dr at the emergency room that I needed to sue the Dr who was giving me 180 Vicodin every 22 day's in my early 20's because the way he saw it is that Dr stole my life from me and he wasn't just an MD. He was a DDO meaning he went to med school an additional 4 year's and was more qualified than an M.D. so he should have definitely known better.