An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

MAT Support Group

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by Joshstillclean, May 30, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

DDO giving hydros for headaches? That's not even a good headache pain reliever. Heck opiates are not even the best for migraines. The only reason they work is because in high enough doses you are so high you can't give a damn about even about a migraine. Thats just the truth.
    And that says a lot about how strong opiates are and how Drs should not use us as guinny pigs.
    Man my Dr told me the oxy 80's I was prescribed when Percocet was not strong enough anymore (when I was 22) he had noticed were good for depression also and he thought it would help me with the news of my wife's mental state.
    Basically he told me oxycontin was good for depression. That is THE ONLY reason he put me on oxy instead of methadone. He said it was better for depression. Yeah I was reallllly happy until he was arrested and I went cold turkey.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Ya man I guess 180 every 22 day's,I was without doubt pretty fuc*in hi,and of course I didn't feel the headache I was loaded but I didn't realize it for a long time like until I almost died
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  3. True concern

Dude how is @DoxyMom and @cmt I haven't seen either one around lately?
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. True concern

For that,how is everyone doing?I really only see you on here now,the other's I rarely see.I hope and pray everyone is good
  5. Joshstillclean

I liked that because I hated it. You know what i mean...
  6. Joshstillclean

I have reached out. And that is very true my friend. Supposedly thousands of people (don't know where I heard that) and literally I have posted the last posts on the prescription page, heroin page, half of the first of the cocaine page, and even a few on the Mary J page.
    I have been like what the fu*k myself...
    I'm seriously wondering what is going on? Are there a while lot of posts I just don't see? And if so why?
    I have several theories on how the world will end and one is so similar to this its creepy. For real its the damn internet...where is everyone.
    Are the rumors true? Are people plugged up? Am I fighting something that is happening as I watch it going on? I ask myself stuff like thus everyday? Where the f is everyone?
    And if some damn bot answers this your gonna learn new cuss words.
    Dominica likes this.
  7. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern hey, I've been here every few days. I try and check in daily. I'm fine and Thanks for your concern.
  8. Joshstillclean

I try and check out your thread I guess I have just missed a few but someone did get into my account the other day. Mabey they screwed with more than I knew about.
    Anyway have you heard from,true because we haven't and wondered where he is...
  9. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

Looks like he was here Saturday
    deanokat likes this.
  10. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Hey Everyone. I do know that people come and read the post, but some people just don’t comment. For one reason or another. And I know some only come when they are in dire need and then they forget about it once they get over their initial crisis.

We have seen plenty of people come and go, but I think it’s great that we can be here when they’re in need. And I’m glad y’all are here.

I spent the better part of the weekend without any access to the Internet, and it was definitely odd, but good. But I’m also glad to have it back.

I hope y’all had a good weekend and I hope you have a beautiful week!
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  11. Joshstillclean

At least people come and can read stuff. I imagine that most people,are thinking this is one of those sites where you can find out how to get high.
    That or they are in severe detox or something. That would be 2 major reasons not to post. It did seem like a year ago though there were more people out there...
    And I know there isn't a better recovery forum that has sprung up that is why people semm less sparse. I have looked and thisbisbthe best site by far. A few on YouTube communities but nothing in comparison. So I have wondered where all the people are.
    Even members that used to be around under in the history all the time seems like,the left around November of 2017 I was wondering what that was about.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I was pretty out of touch over the weekend, too. Family stuff. But it's Monday, and here I am. Happy Monday, kids! Let's get at this week one day at a time! :)
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  13. Joshstillclean

Hope ever thing is o.k. dean.
    Thats,seemed like a pep,talk/inspirational poke directed at you as much as everyone else.
    deanokat likes this.
  14. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Thanks, @Joshstillclean. Things are okay. Not all unicorns and rainbows, but okay. And I'm grateful for that.
    Joshstillclean likes this.