An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Me and ADD

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by musicmonster, Jan 18, 2015.

1. musicmonster

musicmonster Senior Contributor

I do have mad ADD. I can't seem to live without adderall. But I dont want to be dependent to it. I'm afraid of some consequences in the future. Anyone who could help me?
  2. JonMark

JonMark Active Contributor

My question would be whether the diagnosis is correct. Here's what I would say to any of this. The pressure of completing school and making the grade, does this dominate the conversation that lead to being diagnosed with ADD? If so then it's easy to say that you have a need for the drug, however, getting through the schooling isn't just a one time thing. At my ripe old age of almost forty, I've learned that learning is a lifelong thing and I don't need adderall to know that!
  3. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

I have to agree with JonMark. Did the ADD diagnosis come from your own opinion or that of a medical professional? If it came from the latter, did he or she suggest that you take something like Adderall and in which dosage? If you're worried about dependence, then you could simply request a smaller dosage. You could try tackling ADD without Adderall if you've had experiences with addiction in the past.
    JonMark likes this.