An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Medical Marijuana--OK, but please don't smoke

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by DancingLady, Apr 7, 2016.

1. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

My state legalized medical marijuana some time ago, quite a few years before it became totally legal like it is now...

Here's my thing with using marijuana for medicinal purposes. Usually a person is using it for pain management. OK, if you are trying to avoid using prescriptions that have more and worse, or worse for you, side effects than marijuana, it's probably a better drug choice. I can accept that. What I can't accept so easily, is these old hippies who now have issues like back pain, knee pain, or whatever their condition is sitting on the porch smoking pot, for all the neighborhood to smell.

I'm pretty sure you can get the desired effects by consuming your dose of marijuana by mixing it into food, or even having it put in a capsule. Why do they need to smoke it? It's the smoking aspect that really makes it look less legitimate to me.

Now of course, in my state, anybody can smoke pot on their own property, even though we all know smoke and odor don't respect property lines...
  2. sclupto

sclupto Member

Why does smoking bother you? Is it just the smell? Cause I can tell you that cooking marijuana releases a much stronger smell than smoking it.

It's not like people are going to be allowed to smoke it on the bus or in your house. This seems to be an arbitrary fear.
  3. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

Why are you so afraid of marijuana? They have maligned the weed so much without there been any real evidence of harmful effects. Does marijuana smokers go about unkept and steal stuff like some other drug users do when they smoke the herb? Do they get into a rage and do unacceptable things like what drunkards sometimes do? Have you ever heard that the marijuana smokers have suffered from chronic illnesses because they smoked the weed? I believe however that if someone suffers from certain psychological problems they should not smoke the herb because it may probably exacerbate the problem. Trust me, marijuana isn't all bad as they would want to suggest that it is.