An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Meph instead of Meth

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Sparkster, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Meth never seemed to take off on the streets of the UK. However, since the decline of MDMA and Ecstasy, there is one relatively new substance which was previously legal which has taken off in popularity and has become the new party drug. This is Mephedrone, commonly called M-Cat or Meow Mow or Drone or just Kat and is an amphetamine of the methcathinone class. Up until recently, Mephedrone was used legally in plant fertilizers and was considered a legal high. It has been made illegal since, however. When it first came on the scene dealer were literally giving it away for free. It cost close to nothing. Whilst it's no longer free, it still goes at very cheap prices. The dangers of Mephedrone are currently unknown, although a few deaths over the past few years have been linked to the drug.
  2. Dwayneu

Dwayneu Community Champion

First time I am hearing of it, but, all amphetamine-based substances are more or less close to meth in terms of addictivity, destructive potential and so on, so it should be taken seriously, and I hope they tackle it and inform people. What's worse is that if it's cheap, that's easy hard drugs for kids on the street, terrible.
  3. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

I still think this is a pretty new phenomenon. I have yet to run across anyone partying on this drug at all or even talking about it. I have seen it on TV and on the internet but I don't know how common it is? From what I have heard it is really dangerous and easily leads to psychotic episodes.
  4. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Mephedrone has become so popular in the UK that it is now the second most widely used drug in the UK, next to marijuana. It has become extremely popular over the course of the last five years and is very easy to get hold of at very low prices. It first became popular as part of the gay chemsex scene. It was also being used to produce Ecstrasy for a while because of the lack of availability of MDMA. I think it was around 2008 that Mephedrone first started becoming popular.
  5. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I have read about this drug and is meant to be used for alertness or being more open to talking and also sexual needs which some people may suffer from and need this drug to help them out and the side effects are nausea and also headaches as this can cause them stress and depression as well. It is something that people can be addicted to very easily and the mood swings can affect it in the process and we need to not think it is safe just because it may be less than meth and it is very easy to get into the habit of this drug. Teenagers may use this at parties and also the mind may get addicted to it very easily as it may seem nice and then later on is when the mind will get affected and the body may not be able to think properly about what it needs.
  6. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

I've never heard of.this drug before. It seems like people are constantly finding new ways to get high. It's pretty scary when you actually sit back and think about it. New designer drugs coming out left and right.
  7. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

I have never heard of this drug.
  8. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I have never heard of this before, and I wonder why is there a cat analogy? Seriously, they come up with the most innocent names for such dangerous drugs. Back in the old days, Molly was the name of the cute girl you were crushing on in middle school, for example. The dealers are indeed very creative, not only with names, but also with the things they put in the drugs.
  9. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

That says it all, deaths were related. I always believed that if anything can kill you the high isn't worth it. It sells for a cheap price money wise but it sounds to expensive still. Nothing is worth more than your life unless it's freedom. This stuff shouldn't be used by any one.
  10. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Agreed, still some people think the high is totally worth it, while some think they are never going to die. We live in a really sad and cold world :(
  11. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

12. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion