An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Meth and energy

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Jani_pikki, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jani_pikki

Jani_pikki Member

I've watched a documentary last night; The city addicted to Crystal Meth by Louis Theroux. Don't know if anyone saw it.

There was this lady, she and her husband both are addicted meth. She was telling her story about how she was in recovery and was doing good, they bought a new home.and the house needed cleaning and that's how she relaped again. Louis asked her why could she relapsed just because she needs to clean and she replied that she needed the energy.

I would like to know, would something like that make someone relapse and what's your thoughts about this?
  2. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I haven't seen that documentary, Jani. I know that a lot of elderly people like doing meth because it gives them so much energy and they do not like feeling tired all of the time. I just wish they could see that they are doing more harm to their bodies and are end up going to live a short life.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Jani_pikki... I think I would prefer to just take my time cleaning the house. If it took me a month to finish cleaning it, that would be better than taking meth to get it done quickly.
    Jani_pikki likes this.
  4. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

I definitely can see this as a reason to relapse. In fact most of the people I know who got addicted to meth originally started so they had more energy for studying or working. If an ex-user is feeling really overwhelmed by a job to get done... I can see how they would be tempted to return to meth.

So much for the stereotype that all drug addicts are lazy!
    Jani_pikki likes this.
  5. Mara

Mara Community Champion

When one is high on meth, he has this boost of energy and he can accomplish a lot of things, like finishing a project or beating a deadline. The person will be so active that he won't be able to sleep for a few days, and he will be able to do a lot of things on those sleepless days.

Perhaps, the woman wanted to accomplish her tasks in a small time period. Well, she was able to do so I bet. But at what cost? I just hope that she recovers from her relapse.
  6. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

I haven't watched that documentary but it seems like something I should check out. It's a pity to hear about how this woman relapsed by cleaning the house. I guess it's something that she wasn't expecting to happen.
  7. It seems like she is making an possible excuse to get back on meth by bringing up cleaning. But I wouldn't know that for sure. Just an observation.