An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the Forums?Join or

Meth counselor

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Marriedintoit, Oct 3, 2016.

  1. Marriedintoit

    Marriedintoit Member

    hi my hubby has been clean for meth for years now. He is at the point where he wants to get some therapy / counseling for the long term effects on the brain. Including anger and pleasure. Any recommendations? As a wife I struggle as well with the effects on me from these
  2. deanokat

    deanokat Community Organizer Community Listener

    @Marriedintoit... Welcome to the community. I don't think you finished your post, but I'll try to answer your question.

    I would suggest that your husband contact an addiction specialist and get a recommendation for a good therapist and psychiatrist who specialize in helping people who have had issues with addiction.

    As for yourself, I would recommend that you seek out a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting in your area and attend it. Being around people who know exactly what you're feeling and who have been through what you're going through can be so beneficial. Addiction is a family disease, and the repercussions don't affect just the addict. I'm sure you have struggled because of your husband's issues and you need to work on your own recovery, too.

    Reach out to us anytime. We're here to help and support you however we can. You are not alone.