An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Meth Detox

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by sillylucy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

My ex-boyfriend detoxed from meth by taking a greyhound bus from Los Angeles to New York. He was broke and his mom bought him a ticket to come home. He was on and off a few buses for 4 days. He said he was sweating and miserable. He laughs about it now, but I got so worried when he told me that. He could have died. Luckily someone was sitting next to him the whole time.
  2. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Wow - I'm glad he made it. Is he still clean?
  3. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

He hasn't used meth since then, but I know that he did coke on New Year's Eve and he drinks and smokes a lot of weed. I don't think he'll ever do meth again, but he has moved onto other vices. The weed really bothered me and that's why he is now my ex and not my current boyfriend. My current boyfriend has only had about 4 beers in his whole life. lol
    Jen S. likes this.
  4. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Sounds like a much healthier person to be with. Good for you :)
  5. George T.

George T. Member

He's lucky he lived through the bus ride! Imagine all of the scared passengers watching him shaking and sweating on the bus.

I'm glad to hear that you found a more stable partner.
  6. jennifervh

jennifervh Member

I didn't realize detoxing from meth was so harsh. It's been 18 years since I have been around anyone using meth. I've know a few people who where meth users and then stopped using. I've never heard anyone talk about experiencing physical withdrawal symptoms. Does anyone know if it's common to experience physical withdrawal symptoms while detoxing from meth?
  7. april2015

april2015 Member

Me and my brother detoxed from meth. As hard as it was, I wouldn't ever go back. Never.