An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Meth hair test

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jamiewaltwill, May 3, 2018.

1. Jamiewaltwill

Jamiewaltwill Member

What is the normal score for a heavy meth user on a hair test. Mine was 95553pg/mg. The tester person said it was the highest she had seen in 30 years. This seemed wrong to me considering I have been a user for 20 years and had slowed usage quite a bit this year. Even quiting from July to november. They say it only goes back 3 months but they used chest hair. Couldnt that chest hair be there from years ago. I mean some are like 3 inches long?
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

hi there! @Jamiewaltwill thanks for reaching out. i don't know the answer to your question....
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ok unfortunately im well educated on this as i struggled with meth for over 20+ year's,however im not familiar with the stats on hair test.I suppose technically your theory of your long chest hair could be possible, but I'm curious when your test was as it appears you started again in December of last year and if that's true it would be positive considering from what i gather you have been using all of this year,is that accurate?
  4. Jamiewaltwill

Jamiewaltwill Member

Yes but not as much as I had the years before. I would go weeks on weeks off. From what the people making me take the test said it was the highest she'd seen in 30 years. You test positive at 500pg/mg. Mine was 95555pg/mg. They said that i should be dead. I asked someone i know who took one for treatment who was a daily user theirs was 2700pg/mg. I only smoked it. No needles or ingestion.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ok wow that indeed is an extremely high reading compared to 500pg/mg over even 2700pg/mg.The way i respond is a bit different in ways compared to other's at time's and i can only ask or offer from my personal experience with the purpose of obviously trying to help and understand as best i can.So 95555pg/mg from a long chest hair would definitely carry a higher reading over the time frame you have mentioned because I assume that chest hair has been storing the chemical probably since it first started coming out of your body.It's not like your hair itself ever sweats it out but rather your body does the sweating,so i suspect it has like i said stored for a lifetime.Now please remember I'm a recovering meth addict of 20+ year's so im going to ask a few questions as you said it hasn't had any effect on your life.First im curious what the test was for?Work,treatment,or educational?Second i know from personal experience people like you and myself have a difficult time admitting that it has effected us but we know it has because we are on the site doing the right thing by starting the conversation and for that i say great job it's progress.Now i will tell you a few thing's about myself.I started meth illegally at the age of 18 year's old and at that time i was a raging manic.I didn't do lines,and didnt smoke it until my last year of use.I started meth with a syringe and had one stuck in my arm for roughly 15 straight year's.I used clean syringes as i would steal them from my mother who is insulin dependent,by the grace of God i never stole as many to leave her with none as some how i maintained a few morals.Eventually i did start smoking it when she went on an insulin pump,i never could share syringes as the thought of Aids terrifies me.After i started smoking it a ways down the road i noticed pain in myside ended up in the hospital and had my back xray and the Dr noticed i had a huge mass of something white in my lung,not a lie that thing about it crystallizing your lungs so please do be aware of that.Your life is worth more than the addiction has to offer and indeed i know what it can do to a person.I hope to hear back from you as i don't judge and simply try my best to offer advice and listen in hopes i am a relatable individual that other's can learn from.Stay Strong and God Bless you.You can quit i know this for sure as i was once on meth for20+ year's and i no longer am.It took my mind a bit over six month's to come out of the clouds and my body is slowly recovering as well.If you ever need anything im here as are many other's and collectively as a community we can help one another.I'm sorry this is so long but i try to put 100%of myself into every response.Take Care
    57Blondie and Dominica like this.
  6. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Member

Does hair dye help?
    True concern likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

It might,it bleaches your brain cell's
  8. Pluto888

Pluto888 Member

To be honest, I am not very informed in this field. I have never done such a test, and I do not even know the average level of meth in hair. By the way, did you have your hair dyed? I think maybe that would have something to do with it. My bestie went over to take this test once and she also showed high levels, but she attributed it to having recently lightened her hair with products from https://hairdryerfair.com/best-box-dye-to-lighten-dark-hair-top-3-products/. We think that could’ve had a significant impact on the outcome. Better ask some experts about this to get a clear answer.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    True concern likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Same place you got ur jacket
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Peronis is a real medical condition,a re you making fun of other humans?
  11. True concern

True concern Moderator