An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Meth has a bad rap.

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Joethefirst, Oct 30, 2015.

1. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Community Champion

Meth hasn't gotten a bad rap. It deserves the reputation fully. It is a horrible substance and nothing good comes from it's use. The effects are much more sever and onset more quickly than that of alcohol or tobacco, though I don't condone their use either.
    Winterybella, deanokat and kassie1234 like this.
  2. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I have to agree with what others have said - I think the reason meth has a bad rap is because it's deserved. I read an article a while back which was written by a paramedic, about the affects of drugs he has seen as a part of his job. He said that by far the impact of meth is far worse than the other drugs he's seen. Coming from someone who sees overdoses regularly I trusted his words.
    Winterybella and deanokat like this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I totally agree with you about that. Meth is not as glamorous as smoking cigarettes, and drinking alcohol. It's just pure ugly, and dangerous. That's why you can hardly see people in the movies taking meth.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

It should prevent the consumption. If you look at the side effects of meth it could kill you faster than anything. This stuff will destroy your body in no time. I don't think that any kind of destructive behavior should be glorified, but this drug is like suicide instantly. Not glorifying this drug could be saving lives.
    Winterybella likes this.
  5. JohnBeaulieu

It isn't instant suicide, it ravishes the body in horrible ways over a period of time. It is pretty hideous stuff.
    courage53 and Winterybella like this.
  6. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Meth should have a bad rep... most people who end up using it for years don't end looking their best, you know? Plus what about those who end up with horrible burn scars as a result of trying to make their own? Totally terrifying. I actually think it's good meth has such a bad rep, some young folks are so easily influenced by the media... so who knows maybe if they portrayed meth as they do with alcohol and cigs or weed then maybe we'd have a real epidemic.
    Winterybella and deanokat like this.
  7. JohnBeaulieu

Meth use surpassed epidemic levels a long time ago, at least in the US.
  8. KissMyGritsXD

KissMyGritsXD Member

I'm so confused... The people who make meth are geniuses... But the do the damn thing like it's smart? I'm sitting here like whaaaaa?
  9. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I hope it has prevented the consumption and I and thrilled if it's gotten a bad rap and is projected in a negative light. From everything I have learned since coming here no light should be shone on what is obviously a dark and dangerous drug. I say THANK GOD it is portrayed as what it is, a deadly drug to run far away from.
  10. JohnBeaulieu

Are you trolling us? That wasn't even intelligible.
  11. Drandolph

Drandolph Member

Hmm. Not sure what's good about it. Let's start with the basics. It's not pure 90% toxins and 10% cough cold meds. It fools you into thinking you are a super model when u look like shrek the false bravado can land you in jail or the er.
    Your rotting internally. You are killing your brain cells .
    You are killing existing relationships.
    You are fooling yourself. There is no epiphanies to be made you really have lost your marbles.
    If you make it to 45 after prolonged use? .
    Lucky enough to keep a cognitive thought you you still have fam or people that aren't hiding wallets purses or the silver around you.
    But you do you