An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Methadone and heroin

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Babymamadrama92, Mar 17, 2016.

1. I have a serious problem. I'm 7 months pregnant with my first baby girl, I told my dr. At about 4-5 months that I was addicted to heroin, she put me in the outpatient methadone program so now I go to the clinic and dose every morning, only bad thing is...I stayed clean for 1 month and then relapsed and I've been doing my methadone AND heroin sense...I just can't seem to stop using heroin. The methadone keeps me from being sick. But I guess it's just mental,I've been doing it for so long it's almost like a habit,a way of life. Idk what to do with myself if I'm not getting high!
    BUT I don't want to tell my dr that I'm still doing heroin becasue I CANT have DCF (child services) take my baby.
    My question is...has anyone experienced this? And if so. What happen? Are the babies withdrawals worse? Different? Do they still withdrawal off the heroin even though I'm doing methadone??/ what will child services do? If they check her poop or placenta or whatever and see that I've been using this late in pregnancy?
    I plan to stop 2 months before she's born. Hopefully by then it won't show up in my system or in her poop. Does anyone know how long it takes for the babies system/poop to be clear

PLEASE HELP
  2. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

I've already replied to your other post. I'm very concerned for you. You need inpatient treatment. They don't test poop, they will test the placenta and yes... it will show up.

Please message me.
    Mara and deanokat like this.
  3. SashaS

SashaS Community Champion

You know the negative effects of your actions, so do something about it. I know its not easy to just quit and leave it, even when you are aware of what you are doing and the consequences. Perhaps turn yourself in to a rehab center or hospital if you are not willing to save your child's life. By using drugs while pregnant, you are ruining a life, that's the harsh truth of it. Do something before its too late.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

5. Mara

Mara Community Champion

6. Deeishere

Deeishere Active Contributor

Even by you being on this board, you are reaching out for help. Please take heed for your baby’s sake. You can’t do this alone but there are people who can help you. Like LoveEcho stated, you need in patient care. I can’t imagine your baby being taken if you are doing all you can to get help.
    You see how hard it is for you, Please don’t make it worst on your precious baby.
    deanokat likes this.
  7. deanokat

@Babymamadrama92... How are you doing? If you get a chance, please check in with us and give us an update. Everyone here truly cares about you and your baby. Know that we are here for you, my friend.
  8. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I really hope that you get the treatment that you need and you can stay strong for your baby girl. Is it possible that you have someone you can live with who will watch you on methadone only? Can you stay in a hospital while you get off of heroin?
  9. deanokat

@Babymamadrama92... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Come back if you need any support or assistance, okay?
  10. remnant

remnant Community Champion

It has to be said that you are doing a grievous injustice to the unborn baby. This is because one, the baby has no choice but to intake the drugs you are abusing. Second, it is being exposed to prenatal addiction. Since opiates affect the brain, a disorder in the babies' neurological pathways or other congenital afflictions can't be ruled out with certitude. Drugs during pregnancy I reckon, is a no go zone.