An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Methadone or busphrone

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by Jullesdee, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Jullesdee

Jullesdee Member

Hi sorry if I spelled that wrong ..in the past I have gotten myself off heroin with subox buspherone ? And did ok other then taking it to soon and getting way sick that first day but due to my chronic pain issues I was soon back to pain pills and heroin

This is why I am trying methadone this time , I have heard it is way better for helping pain and if that is true and if pain is my main issue that brings me back to heroin does it make more sense to try it ?

This is not withdrawal pain, this is chronic pain I am on disability for
    Thanks
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

We are not medical professionals it's best to check with your Dr, however I have heard good and bad about both
  3. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

@Jullesdee So out of Suboxone, subutex (buprenorphine) Or methadone Your looking for most pain relief? Methadone would be better IMO. One reason being is that it is a full agonist and 2nd being it's an antagonist on the NMDA receptor.

Some studies show promise that antagonist on our NMDA receptor can help in reverse tolerance. so it can help keep your opiate receptors from becoming desensitized while taking methadone.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  4. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

I got a compound fracture in my right arm while on methadone-my regular dose...
    I didn't feel more than a dull ache. And set it myself. All on methadone.
    Watch out, some people like methadone more than H because it feels so similar and lasts was way longer. Its more of an energetic high till you nod suddenly.

But for pain subs are working for me-if it was severe I would say methadone.
    But having said that I went the methadone route in the past to stop H and OXY. I ended up shooting all of em.
    Please try and find a better way. And by the way detoxing from H sucks, unless u have subs or methadone. But if you've never detoxed from methadone then you might regret this more than anything you've ever done. Its times 10 anything you've ever felt.
    I went that route I'm not lying. And subs are harder to stop IMO, and I'm on them right now. So I am speaking from experience.
  5. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I'm on methadone since February and chronic pain got me started. It is helping with my pain but if your pain is going to be lifelong then so is your methadone treatment. Just research the clinic. I go to a great one that requires counseling. Some of them only care about the money.
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.