An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Methadone side effects

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Robertd90, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Yesss so true I dose in morning by next morning I’m going in feeling dope sick. I just was increased to 120 mg today so far I don’t feel much difference Maybe my eyes are a little more droopy feel a little more relaxed I guess idk I must took it about a hour ago so we will see I notice my extreme sweats are not bad at all today tho
    True concern likes this.
  2. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Idk if I’m having benzo withdrawals I mean I went from taking a lot to taking a normal amount so I didn’t stop cold turkey I just lowered my intake of them. I go back to the doctor on the 4th for a refil I’m going to stick to kalopin only 0.5 3 times a day that’s a normal amount and i prefer that because it doesn’t really give me that high feeling it just suppress my anxiety and let’s me still be alert and awake so it’s my benzo of choice.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Moderator Community Listener

Normally benzo withdrawl is restlessness and irritability sometimes some aggression.

Normally what ever drug we take when we slow down or quit we will swing the opposite way. In the case of Benzos they are calming they work on our Gaba system so does opiates they are dangerous together because of that.

When we quit opiates or benzos we cant sleep and get fatigued restlessness because of low gaba. We get depression because all drugs effect our dopamine and serotonin.

When we quit stimulates we get tired and sleep because of low adrenaline outflow and dopamine.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    True concern and Robertd90 like this.
  4. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Yeah mostly all opiates give me irritability. But suboxone is the absolute worse everything single person animal situation causes me to get annoyed and angry! No matter what the case may be. That’s another reason I quit subs I couldn’t take being angry all the time. Methadone doesn’t give me the anger really I just find myself having 0 patience. Nobody or nothing moves fast enough for me. So it makes me come off as a ass hole. Today since the increase I don’t feel that way yet but we will see. I’m just happy the sweats are so much more manageable today. Usally I’ll be covered in sweat like I went swimming today I’m sweating on a normal level(I live in Florida) so it’s hot lol I have the energy when I’m moving around but right now I just sat down to smoke a cig and I need to keep one eye closed because I get double vision from trying to not nod out
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  5. Onceaddicted77

I hear ya there I get that way on opiates too. Have no patience got road rage all the time seems like I can't get enough done in the time allowed lol
  6. Onceaddicted77

Stimulates calm me at low doses make me the nicest guy in the world lol and opiates give me energy and no patience. My chemical imbalance is weird for sure.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  7. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

I feel you our chemical balances are pretty much the same. Uppers make me so nice and friendly. Except meth. You do not want to see me on meth. I’m a monster paranoid horny animal who only cares about myself. I have not touched that shot since May
  8. Onceaddicted77

Yea I hear ya I wont even touch it unless the wifey does it with me. Because I normally just want to drink some alchohol then head to the bedroom for the rest of the night down for anything haha
  9. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Yes meth is the one drug that destroyed my life since I started it in 2015 it literally took my soul for awhile I’m now starting to feel and look decent. (I was a picker) my skin is clearing up, thankfully no scars my teeth are still perfect idk how. I have some track marks but I can’t stress them. They are part of my story. My goal is to be sober and have the opportunity to help other people struggling. To me addiction is s curse while you’re active in it. Then a blessing when you are recovering. As addicts we are given such great opportunities once we get clean. We have the chance to create a whole new life and help others with our stories. Sorry it makes me emotional. Everything I’ve been thru and gone thru during my addiction will help and show someone else they can get thru it too. I lost my younger 20 year old brother last year to a motorcycle crash. My mom currently is healing with stage 4 breaststroke cancer that just went to her brain. My times of fucking up are over now is my time to help others and it’s not overwhelming to me. I feel I was meant to go thru what I have and what I am so I can help others.
  10. Onceaddicted77

I tottaly relate I'm glad your here to help others and get help that's why we are here also.

Ive been battling addiction for 20 years. I've done it all to the extreme and back. Opiates was the one that I just couldn't get away from. Most I just came to my senses and slept them off.

I never really understood what addiction was until opiates I never knew you could get physically addicted I always thought it was just in my mind. I had a endless supply when I got hooked 10 years ago and didnt realize how bad I was until I ran out.

I'm now 4 months clean from everything and feel the same desire you do to help people. If I can save one person from going through half of what I did I would be over joyed.

I started to learn about my condition addiction and I read every medical journal and abstract when it comes to drugs and addiction. I want to understand why I was so susceptible so that maybe I can help someone else understand.

I'm sorry to hear about everything your going through.

It sounds like your on the right path to sobriety and I'm super glad you chose to start the journey.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  11. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Yes! You are helping me just thru here. So you have that. If that means anything to you. You have the knowledge and compassion of someone who is serious about recovery. I already removed everyone negative out of my life which sucks I have to start new all friends and some family I tho I had so many friends then I say I’m done using and no one is there for me. Family that saw me struggling and judged me are no longer in my life too. I’ll never forget my aunt and cousins. My cousin had a baby. I was going to visit she told me no because she doesn’t know how many stds I have from using drugs they don’t want me near the baby. So the ignorance is disgusting sometimes but I need to show with actions. That’s all I can do.
  12. True concern

True concern Community Champion

My anxiety is so bad I take 3 1mg klonopin a day and still run circles
  13. True concern

I don't know if I shared this with you but here goes...keep in mind I cold turkey off of benzos at the same time just forgot to mention it, here is my first post,I'm bringing it back out.....

This is my story of addiction.I was born in the early 80's at the age of six year's old i was diagnosed with A.D.H.D.at that time there was a new F.D.A.approved drug by the name of Ritalin.At first it seemed to be a miracle pill,I was on this pill until the age of 18 at that time i decided i was no longer going to take this pill and it began just under a year passed and someone said "Have you ever tried crystal"which i had not at that time but i tried it and instantly noticed that it was 100% the same effect i got from Ritalin only difference was it lasted longer,or seemed to but honestly it was probably the quantity i was doing was greater than that of Ritalin i struggled with meth on and off for roughly 20 year's,not only meth but i was as well consuming 750ml of Jack Daniel's a day plus a 12 pack of beer.For those who don't know when you mix the two you don't appear to get drunk which is very deadly because infact you do get drunk however you don't realise it until it's too late meaning alcohol poisoning.I experienced this a few times and actually died on a hospital bed due to this fact,it took 3 hits with a defibrillator to restart my heart and i was told the only reason I was hit 3 times was because i was only 19 year's old,but usually after the second time if your heart doesn't restart you are then pronounced dead,but a nurse pleaded with the Dr.to try one more time and he did and my heart started back up.I didn't know at the time but that nurse was actually the mother of the lead singer of Sublime who just lost her son to a heroin overdose.I am forever grateful for that nurse without her plea i would be another statistic.Unfortunately I didn't quite using drug's at that time i just traded substances.I started abusing pain pills heavily and increased that addiction to catastrophic proportions,it got so bad i started injecting heroin which i quickly traded for oxycontin because it was much stronger than heroin.I abused fentanyl as well but nothing compared to the oxycontin.At my worst i was injecting 240-320mg's of oxycontin a day,feeling i wouldn't survive another month i decided to seek help.I'm poor and i come from poor parent's so my options were limited,i ended up at a methadone clinic for help slowly decreasing my extremely high tolerance.At the clinic i had an interview with a drug addiction counselor and an addiction physician,i was hoping for good news but what i heard shock me to my core.I was told by both the same thing,"Sir we are sorry to tell you but your addiction and tolerance is beyond the point of return,whether you quit or continue either way you cannot survive you have if your lucky a month to live"My heart sank and i decided at that moment if i was going to die i would die trying.I went home and prayed and then i called my wife into the room to tell her the news.At that moment i apologized to her told her how much she meant to me and made her promise if i didn't make it she would move on re marry and live a happy life and she noded yes.After that i quite cold turkey and suffered pain and sickness i cannot describe,for 27 straight day's i did not leave the bedroom,i did not eat,i did not sleep,i hallucinated,i screamed in intense unimaginable pain,i lost over 50 pound's in that time frame and had to be rushed to the hospital 3 time's where they would rehydrate me and try to give me pain shots to stall the detox which i refused.On day 28 I took my first steps after i quite and by the grace of God i survived and this May im married 18 year's to my beautiful wife and guardian angel.This is the first time I've shared my story of addiction and i did it for one reason alone,i want everyone to know i understand what you are going through and no matter how bad it gets there is hope.I'm here for each and everyone of you,if you ever need someone to talk to,if you ever feel no one understands im all ears and i do understand.Stay Strong We're rooting for you
  14. True concern

BRO who is editing your post?
  15. Onceaddicted77

I did. Forgot a few words haha
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  16. True concern

That happens when we think a million miles an hour,if you do it in under 5 min it won't say edited on
  17. Onceaddicted77

That makes me mist up I'm glad I can have a postive impact on you. I wish the best for you and the rest of humanity for that matter. We all have it in us to get clean we just have to figure out how to go about it and want it.
  18. Onceaddicted77

Yup lol cant write fast enough sometimes to what iam thinking
  19. True concern

Same problem or I don't see I hit 1 wrong letter and autocorrect mispells something lol
  20. Robertd90

Robertd90 Member

Thank you for sharing that. I never say hope for me. I got to a point this past May where I accept I’m just a person Kent to live on the streets and be nothing I come from a lot of money so that just goes to show up bringing either way is tough I was handed everything I was never told no. Then it got to that point where I was told no you are not welcome around the family anymore so I checked into detox for the 29th time it was aweful got thru it was there for 11 days then did 34 days inpatient went home for a couple days almost used again then checked into inpatient again for 2 more weeks where I got on suboxone it worked for a little bit but decided to switch to methadone give it another shot the right way. I’m glad I did. I’m starting to have actual hope And purpose. I still want to use badly at least once a day but I just don’t. I deal with it instead of thinking I have to listen to my addiction I just ignore it. Like I said I grew up with everything done and handed to me. This is the one thing no one can give me or do for me it’s my responsibility at first I didn’t try because it was a lot of work but it turned it around to something exciting and fun. That is working for me so far