An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Mom and crack

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Falcon, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Falcon

Falcon Member

Hey its been a little time since i posted. My mom was doing well. Shes been sober for a few months, i much longer. But it seems she has no self control still. She goes on the hunt for xanax, which isnt too troubling, but after taking it she orders crack. It all started cause she was feeling sick. I just want to have a normal life. Now shes digging in every nook and cranny looking for money and talking everyones ear off. Shes suppose to be at a family gathering today, lord knows if she'll make it. Its literally everyday- something goes wrong.
  2. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Falcon I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. For now just worry about you and your sobriety. You can't make her want to stop. I hate it is happening at the holidays but this is a insidious disease. We are here for you.
    Falcon and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

@Falcon it's been quite some time since we've chatted but man I want to tell you how incredibly proud of you I am for continuing on a sober path,as far as your mom goes I'm sorry this is tormenting you,to watch a parent struggle is tremendously difficult, I know as my mom is very much on Xanax and a few extremely strong sleeping pills which makes my life very hard as she is diabetic and every night I must check her sugar levels no more than every 90 minutes and when her sugar crashes with all those downers in her it is s9 very hard to get her out of bed to eat so she doesn't die in her sleep,she tells me not to worry about her but like you and many other's ignoring it is not an option as that woman is my mother and I love her so I absolutely must do everything I can to try and keep her here.As for your mom chasing Xanax I can understand after fighting a long time crack addiction however I don't understand taking Xanax then looking for crack,I wish I understood that so I could have some sort of advice or the ability to relate but I do not,so I will leave you with this...Congratulations on your personal success and keep up the fantastic work. Stay Strong My Friend And Merry Christmas To You And Your Entire Family
    Falcon likes this.