An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Movies that lift your spirit?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by springbreeze, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Whiskers

Whiskers Active Contributor

I like to watch flywheel for inspiration. It makes me feel better giving me hope to carry on. It is a great movie.
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Whenever I feel down I like to watch any movie that has Jim Carey or Robin Williams in it. They are two of the most amazing actors out there. I was so sadden by Robin William's death. He really helped inspire so many people and he didn't even realize it. Depression is a terrible thing. I also like to watch Bob's Burgers. It is only a half hour show but it is always good for a laugh. Any type of comedy makes me feel better.
  3. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

Diary of a wimpy kid, Nach Libre.
  4. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Well tonight I have to desire to be lifted up so I came to have a look at what was being offered here and not so much to share. When I am feeling down, I love a good comedy so maybe I will check out those you and others mentioned. I am terrible with names, but some movie characters I see them and I start to laugh. Donald Trump has been doing that to me recently and I mean no offense to serious supporters.
  5. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I like romantic comedies too when I need my spirits lifted, or just comedies in general. I don't like watching anything dark or dreary because I feel like all that does is bring me down. I want to be smiling during movies, not crying!
  6. Ali16

Ali16 Senior Contributor

Shawshank Redemption always cheers me up. I love how Andy survives such horrible conditions while making the best of it and then gets his revenge on the warden and the guards. When he and Red meet up again at the very end, it's kind of like a prison fairy tale.
  7. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

Movies that motivate me and lift my spirits are Homerun, Stepmother, Flywheel, Courageous and Fireproof.
  8. JadeVengeance

JadeVengeance Active Contributor

I love watching comedies but nowadays I just always seem to watch the romantic love sob films. The only time I will watch comedies is when I am with my boyfriend
  9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

I won't recommend a movie but a show here, it's called "Elementary". The show basically resembles a modern, fresh take on Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson's cases. While the main plot is not that upbringing, after a couple of episodes I fell in love with the characters and whenever I watch it I learn something new.
  10. 6up

6up Community Champion

Movies can really encourage you and make you get out of stress. I like watching new discoveries films. New scientific discoveries do attract my attention making me to avoid stressful moments.
  11. LindaSuzanne

LindaSuzanne Active Contributor

I'm glad you wrote this because I wanted to say I like to watch something funny and a bit rude like Family Guy or American dad when I'm feeling down but I haven't been on this forum long and thought people might think me a bit sleazy!
  12. serenity

serenity Community Champion

@LindaSuzanne, Actually I have the same sentiments, lol. To be honest, I actually held off on mentioning such vulgar films like Bruno, Borat, and Deuce Bigalow, and if you have watched them, they are by no means decent!