An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Munchies

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Metalhead, Jan 31, 2015.

1. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 Member

You always hear about people getting the munchies while smoking weed but Ive never really experienced it. What you can do to help prevent the munchies hurting your health is making sure you have healthy food handy.
  2. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I was a big munchie type person when I smoked weed. It was a lot worse when I was around other people who got the munchies too. I know that when I quit smoking weed I lost 10 lbs so that was really nice. I guess it just depends on the person whether they have this problem or not. I do know that I had some of the best food when I was high. At least, I thought it was at the time.
  3. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Drugs have a very strange effect on your body. It makes you do things you wouldn't otherwise the fact you remember having done that and felt disgusted afterwards for doing it just means that you won't go back.
  4. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Eating lots of fruits and vegetables could help. Eating lot's of fruits and vegetables are great for your health. Replacing most of the junk with nutritious food will increase your health. I think when you get the munchies you should try that. Your choice of food could determine whether you're eating habit's are harmful or good for your health.
  5. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Yes, high fiber foods and those with a lot of water content are good ways to stave off the munchies and eat fewer calories overall. I think it is great you are eating celery and carrots, but as for me, I don;'t think I have ever had a celery craving in my life lol. Oh, i only wish that was the case!