An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My Alcohol Withdraw

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by JonMark, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Oh man the gagging that was the worst. But for me it was the uncontrollable shakes and the sweating. My goodness I could not get over those sweats at all. No matter how many times I showered in the day I could not get the sticky, sweet yet salty smell and feel off me. It was like as if I had been showering in seawater. Nasty and glad to be through and over that now.

x
  2. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

How long does it take to get through alcohol withdrawls? I know it took me quite a while when it came to smoking. Some days I felt like I was going crazy and I still have cravings episodes even today.
  3. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

It depends alcohol withdrawl is different for everyone. You have to factor quite a few different elements.1 age the younger the better to stop.2 the physical state of the body. 3 mental state of the person. 4 the quantities. 5 frecquenticee. The higher the quantities I'd advise greater caution based on my own experience.I've tapered off alchol as the volume's I've consumed approximately 3 liters of vodka per day I'd probably would have had a seizure. It took me two weeks of daily reduction but like I said it's different for everyone. I'd definitely suggest seeking professional medical advice regardless of age or quantities