An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My brother-in-law is an alcoholic!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by mayasupernova, Nov 14, 2015.

1. mayasupernova

mayasupernova Active Contributor

Certainly I will, although we did have some family meeting recently, where we discussed all these things with both of them. Even his own sisters and their families got involved, since they are older than him, and they could advice him better, plus he would listen to them more, than my mum and dad.
    So far, with the influence of everyone, nothing has happened, and he seems to take better care of her. The problem is that they got married being immature, inexperienced and pretty much not even knowing each other enough, let alone what marriage actually is. Plus, he drinks, and was used to going to taverns, drinking with friends. And now, it all had to stop, and he is, as he is saying, trying to accustom to that way of life, less friends, more family and wife.
    We will see what will happen in the future, and he certainly is going to try the rehab.
    Thank you for a piece of advice.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Best of luck with everything! This is why I think younger people shouldn't get married, specially young men... they take so long to mature, so marrying a guy who is younger than you (specially if you are in your 20's rarely turns out so well), but hopefully they can solve it. You should tell your sister to be very open with all you... if he ever beats her again she is better off alone, beating a woman is never ok. I hope that if this ever happens again she will be honest about it.
    deanokat likes this.