An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My current situation

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by rossonomous, Oct 23, 2014.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Senior Contributor

Although weed was never my thing, I have known a lot of people that act like they need it every day. A lot of people say that it is not addicting, but I have seen how obnoxious people can be when they don't have it daily. I tend to agree with the ad campaigns that say it probably won't kill you, and might not lead to worse drugs, but it definitely lowers your ambition. It is great that you are keeping up with your studies, and are able to forge ahead, but someday you might not. That is just food for thought.
  2. muthoni

muthoni Active Contributor

One of the common signs that you are addicted to something is using it every day and justifying that you are not an addict. You started smoking as a recreational thing. Today it has become a daily habit. It is influencing your sleeping pattern as well as your mood. If I were you, I would also stop like your roommate. You have a support system right there. If you do not stop today, believe me it will be a bigger problem stopping tomorrow. I wish I never had to learn that through experience.