An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My Daughter Motivated Me To Change

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by LoveEcho, Aug 20, 2015.

1. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I'm really happy for you, congratulations for your daughter!
    It's amazing the way that a little life can change our whole world and our thoughts about things, I have a friend who was a suicidal drug user before she had her baby, but she quit right after that she figured out about her pregnancy, and she seems so happy and excited about the future now, I think that's wonderful.

Good luck!
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Jorge Solis

Jorge Solis Active Contributor

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. I think this is quite a story. I have always said that the people who motivate us the most are the people who love us the most! One thing is to accept your addiction and be okay with it, and another very different thing is for others to be okay with it!
  3. Carnold23

Carnold23 Community Champion

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a similar story. Abuse and drug use throughout my whole life until I got pregnant with my oldest child at 18 in 2012. I changed my whole life for him, he was my motivation and my strength. I now am married to an amazing guy who takes amazing care of us and I also have a daughter.
    I think your story is very inspiring and I am so happy you had the strength to share it with us. Your daughter is very lucky to have you!
    deanokat likes this.