An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My ex just finished rehab.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by mattbasile77, Sep 13, 2017.

1. mattbasile77

mattbasile77 Member

Hello. My ex is an alcoholic. She just completed 28 days. I am very proud of her and was very supportive while she was in rehab. I wrote her countless letters and cards supporting her and telling her how much she means to me. Although we were divorced 4 years ago, we attempted to reconcile in late 2015 but it ended again in early 2017 because her drinking was just too much. We maintained a loving and caring relationship after that and we both told each other we love each other. Since she left rehab She has refused to discuss anything with me and just says she has to focus on her sobriety. I get that and I agree but if she wants to ignore me why didn't she just write to me and say "please don't send anymore letters" or "I don't have feelings for you anymore". I feel like I have been lead on. Is she being selfish. Its killing me that she won't talk to me. How hard is it to just send a text saying leave me alone?
  2. Methisevil

Methisevil Member

Hello, Let's see : I am sober, I've never done any drugs, I drink occasionally but I spent 3 last years of my life with junky who I had feelings for so did he ( at least he said so). In my opinion , when you are dealing with any kind of addict , you are in turmoil and nothing can be predicted. He wrote me letters from jail promising diamonds in the sky and endless love but as soon as he got out he started cheating right away.
    My advice to you: do not cling to her . Let her be. If she loves you , she will come around . If not, you will definitely meet somebody else much better. All addicts are narcissistic and self centered. Let her out of your mind, start exercising, meeting new people , take care of yourself . Love yourself. Go to Al-Anon meeting.
    I am going to my first Nar- Anon meeting tomorrow. I hope it will help me.
    I wish you the best. Enjoy your life , it's very short.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@mattbasile77... I replied to your post in another thread, so please be sure to look for that.