An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My experience with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amin021023, Nov 28, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Hey all. Some of you might know me from my previous threads. I'm going to share with you what I learnt about weed. in the past month or so I smoked weed moderately meaning, not smoking more than I could handle and I controlled everything and long story short I reached the conclusion that my life's better off weed, it's just not for me...it made my anxiety a bit worse and I wasn't getting much out of it like the old times, not even fun anymore so now I stopped at least trying to stop smoking weed and am working to treat my anxiety.
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well, I am glad that you have stopped taking weed and have decided to take the right path and turn your back on drugs. I wish you all the best in your recovery, and I hope you will be successful in treating your anxiety.
  3. MichelleVL

MichelleVL Senior Contributor

I'm so happy that you chose that decision amino21023. My brother started smoking weed when my parents decided to get divorced. He was using it as an escape, and to be able to handle his feelings. He was working, studying and doing sports. Everything was relatively ok, until one day.

One day he smoked just like usual and whatever his weed was laced with, threw him over the edge. He had a meltdown and was going nuts, to the point where he had to be institutionalized. He was displaying signs of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder for more than a year after that last time he smoked. It was really sad to watch. Doctors were never able to determine what was added to the weed he smoked, and we couldn't get out of him who he bought it from. He is much better now, but he has never been the same. I'm glad you got out of this dangerous game.
  4. SPR012

SPR012 Member

I agree that not only my life is better without weed, but life is general is better without weed. I started smoking marijuana on the weekends with friends, but it quickly evolved into me smoking on my own, then smoking everyday, then dabbing and smoking weed, then dabbing everyday, etc. Eventually it got to a point where I was forced to step back and analyze the type of individual I had become. Showing up to work and class high was just immature and pointless. Sobriety was the only option.
  5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

So glad I found this board. I thought I was the only one experiencing something like this (in terms of becoming an habitual smoker). I'm still in the process of weaning myself off it now.

To OP, maybe a stupid question but do you meditate at all?
  6. JakeLamotta

JakeLamotta Active Contributor

I think the Inglewood thing about drugs is the ecstasy one gets out of them but if you're not even getting that then it's a lose lose from every possible angle. So my advise to you is get rid of it ASAP.
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

We meet again Scooby Snack. I hope you are having success weaning yourself off of it. As for the OP, I am happy Omino made the decision not to get hooked on weed even though so many seem to think it is harmless. It's great when you can take a step back and conclude for yourself that something in this case weed, is not what you need in your life. Congrats to all of you.
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Oh, that's great to hear! I am glad that you didn't become addicted to weed, and have now realized that it's not going to do any good to you. All the best! :)
  9. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I don't think that's a stupid question at all. Not only can meditation be beneficial but it can also be immensely powerful. I have personally successfully achieved supernatural phenomena whilst in altered states of consciousness and that includes accessing music from the future before it's even been written! I have also successfully manifested certain desires and have learned how to bend the universe in my favor. We all have the power to do this through the power of thought. Everything is just consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Whatever you truly observe with true emotion whilst in a meditative trance will manifest in reality.
  10. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

- Only good things about this great plant. I am moderate in everything I do, mostly, so I never had any problems with marijuana. I am not addicted and I never mix it with tobacco because I do not smoke cigarettes. I am engaged in sport at an amateur level. half marathons and marathons to be more precise. So, my lungs are just great. No problems there. My IQ is still at the right value. I had it checked, it was between 133 and 140 every time I did the checking, although i never used it in a good way :). I believe we should all use marijuana sometimes because it has that calming effect on people. Even the products of hemp are so nutritious. Seeds are one of the best protein supplier known to men.
  11. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

Great stuff! In my opinion, if you don't suffer from any malady whatsoever, you - generally speaking - aren't entitled to take anything of marijuana. Personal usage, in my opinion, is just a petty excuse. Marijuana is a medicinal plant, and that's pretty much it.
  12. Apollo545

Apollo545 Active Contributor

Marijuana is a pretty controversial drug because many people are divided on it's benefits and it's ill effects. I personally think that you are better off without it. It's extremely expensive in most places and can mess with your short-term memory. There are many other natural ways to treat anxiety. Have you every tried meditation and breathing exercises? If you train your mind to calm down whenever you practice breathing exercises, it seems that you can begin practicing it through the day and the anxiety melts away quickly by force of habit.
  13. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Good to hear. Weed is not the solution for your anxiety, it might seem like a quick fix but the reality is it will only add onto to your already existing anxiety. Try to visit a psychologist to help you deal with your anxiety issues.
  14. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

It can be easy to use it and it can seem like a nice thing in the early stages which are going to make the mind think that it is alright and also people can make choices which can cause them to not do well in their life and it can be easy to use it as a way to solve their problems in their life. I reckon that it is important to make good choices in our health and also this drug can make the body think it is nice and also we need to try and create more awareness of this drug as it can make a person suffer from anxiety and depression. It is good you left the use of marijuana and have seen how it works and also what it can do to the body and mind as the media and movies have shown it in a good way and not be worried about it.
  15. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

Yea weed has never really been my thing either and I think a person is usually better off without it.
  16. henry

henry Community Champion

The problem with weed is, that the trend is smoking it every day. I never got addicted to weed because I only smoked on weekends, and only if I was drinking. But I did have friends who smoked it every day, any time, anywhere. That's where things get complicated, because you think you can quit anytime you want, but as soon as you try to, you find out that you can't. That's when things get scary.
  17. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Weed gave me horrible anxiety anytime I smoked it and I hated that feeling. But thank God I got set free from that and have been sober for 3 years! I'm glad you came to this conclusion.
  18. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the decision to quit smoking weed. You are right it is not good for your anxiety and can only worsen it. I stopped smoking when I found out I was pregnant for the first time and that was over 11 years ago. I have never turned back even though I have ample opportunity to use it. I no longer live the lifestyle that I once did and do not feel the need. Well maybe once in a while would get a little stressful but I think about my children and know that I am making the right choice. I wish you the best on your journey to become marijuana free. Good luck.
  19. rush

rush Member

That's good to hear. I was getting intoxicated with weed daily, being a lot paranoid feeling the world will not accept me for who I am. I took a 2 week detox even from alcohol two which is good for me, I felt more mind clear and gradually gave up weed. Good to hear you didn't become addicted to weed. Wish you all the best.:)