An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My inspirational thought of the day.

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Joshstillclean, May 22, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

There are so many different people on here from so many different time zones I thought it would be awsome if we had a thread that was an ongoing thing where we all, or whoever wanted to participate, could post a thought of the day.
    I do it myself, for myself and I bet a lot of us do something similar. So I figured i would throw that idea out there.
    Also, if someone knows how to use blogger can you tell me how to get the word out to people that I have mine up. I am nowhere near finished but I would like feedback and constructive critisism. What do I do when I have my first post written?
    But the main thing is the thought of the day. Itbwould be an around the clock thing if our European mates put a thought up. Then when it was our morning us American (I don't know what they call us) put up a thought.
    It would be something daily and inspirational to look forward to. This is something I just learned about buisness, about keeping things new by way of change, even if its minor. So mabey It would get and keep peoples attention more. Anyway, I thought huh, why not apply this concept to the forum. Just a thought.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I remember you post it as a link like the name of your blog @blogspot.com
  3. True concern

But yes thought of the day i like it tell me when that thread arrives
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Joshstillclean you can always share your blog via your social media... copy and paste the url. dean might have other suggestions, as he uses blogger...

a thought of the day sounds great! just start a new thread when you want to post that thought.

hope you are having a great day!!
    True concern likes this.
  5. Dominica

@Joshstillclean @True concern here's an inspiration song for ya today! i heard it today the first time, and thought of everyone here in this forum ;)

DoxyMom likes this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

“Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.” --Anne Lamott
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  7. Joshstillclean

@Dominica I only have one little job to do today. But I keep hitting play next and then liking it and playing the next. I'm not gonna get anything done today.
    I like Banners! Especially the video where the guy rescues the girl. I think I cheered. Oh well.
  8. Joshstillclean

Ok,im gonna have to check out some Anna lammot
  9. True concern

that wa indeed positive you know i have for the most part stopped listening to music....For one simple reason.I grew up with death metal and slowly changed to just metal.I would say Metallica and Korn are my two favorite bands but i really burnt out one particular album from each group {Metallica "Kill'em All} And {Korn...not sure what the album is called} dont get me wrong im not blaming music for anything as i believe just like N/A you take what you want from it leave the rest but those particular albums are the wrong ones to listen to when your fighting yourself between anger and depression as obviously the music feels like its speaking to your soul.I dont remember who said it on here but i was trolling post as i often do{I know people dont like trolls}but i was searching for positivity and i ran across a post where the person said they changed their life by eliminating all negativity and they would even say in their head on repeat only positive things until they believed it,so i took that to heart and this is why i express my appreciation all over the place and tell you all how important you all are to me,because i mean it for one and secondly im trying to change my way of thinking as well as change certain aspects on how i represent myself...Anyways ya i seem to always over explain things and im not sure if thats a good thing or not but as it currently stands i think over explaining is good:)
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  10. Joshstillclean

I'm always listening to music, as in I have two pair of earbuds so when one pair is charging I can use the other.
    So anyway mettalica IS my favorite band. But i remember one day my dad was taking something apart on the a/c and the year before I had worked on it.
    I laughed so hard...
    I hear "Dang! You must have been on a Slipknot kick when you put this back together! Get over here and loosen these bolts!"
    That's was epic. It was a real belly laugh. But I totally agree. Music really influences how we feel.
    That's why i listen to vocal trance and 537Hz female vocals, stuff like that.
    I still have my slipknot and yes, no metal head is complete,without Korn, but I do try and mix it up. I go to sleep a lot listening to dark side of the moon.
    Don't think ill ever be able to put down p
    Pink Floyd.
    Hmmm. Can you be addicted to music?
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  11. True concern

you can be addicted to just about anything...i think
    deanokat likes this.
  12. True concern

Ya man i too love Slipknot but i have been slowly breaking away from them as the harder i listen the more i hear those guys i wouldnt call satanic necessarily but they definately do not believe in god so for me they are counter productive and im not saying that there isnt times when i play them loud but yes usually im in a simi destructive mode
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  13. Dominica

Ah, I am glad you like it... and Banners is a fantastic band for sure!! <3

I will have to watch that video of the rescue.. I love those kinds of stories!

Have a great dAy
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  14. Joshstillclean

I will definitely check into this as I don't want anything satanic in my head.
    If they are, then off of,my playlist they go.
    deanokat likes this.
  15. Joshstillclean

Its one of their music videos. It played next after what you posted.
    Dominica likes this.
  16. True concern

so one song from slipknot spells it out very clear i dont know the name of the song but it has lyrics something like{The world feed us a cosmic lie and made us believe in the architect in the sky...Just shut up and apologize}I mean i hear that as them saying religion is a lie shut up and apologize considering in christianity the lord is the cosmic archetic so i dont know how else to interpret those lyrics and there are other songs if you need me to i can put the CD in and listen for the lyrics and report back to you and you can then listen for yourself however ya brother im not lieing to you,oh and there is another song where they reference a "NUMBER"that is greater than all of you and that number they are refrencing i do believe is well the number of the beast.So i skip many of their songs and only listen to the ones without the subliminal messages geared towards well the beast.Like i have said many of these albums i have listened to for several years but usually when i find an album i like i can listen to only that one CD and none other for over a year straight,i try not to but i constantly over analyze everything all the way down to song lyrics and yes i understand same lyrics mean different things for different people however there are some which can only mean what they mean so im trying to move on to positive,uplifting,music and no i cant do country as it makes me very depressed so im searching for more soul deep music....so to speak
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  17. Joshstillclean

That song is from the vermilion pt. 3 album.
    Thanks for that info. I have already changed (updated) my playlists and favorites folders in YouTube. I will not be hearing that anymore.
    By the way if your still buying cds i highly recommend a YouTube red subscription. It comes with music and tv and basically its like cable tv with HBO. Really recommend it. Ots only 20 bucks a month. I actually save money using a YouTube premium subscription. That pays for tv, movies, music, and you don't have to sit through ads when your just watching random stuff on YouTube. I also subscribe to a few Christian channels. That really helps me get through some rough days.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  18. True concern

i will be looking into a few things over the next few months.I have a list in my head of necessity things to finish this transformation ive been working on.Next month there are a few things that take priority so things like youtube subscriptions are going to have to wait a little while.Im focusing on things which are absoulutely necessary the beginning of next month,then im going to go back to work,no joke or bullshit this time im going to work for whomever will hire me at whatever they will pay as i believe breaking free of this isolation is key for myself to just change the cycle and once i settle in and become comfortable and free from isolation i will apply for jobs that better fit my skill set's and go from there but im going to try and not overwhelm myself as ive let to much build up for far to long so little by little i only want to make progress from this point forward ovof course doing my best to not expect to much to fast
  19. Joshstillclean

Just bringing home a paycheck is going to do wonders for your self-esteem.
    That's speaking from experience.
    I had isolated also. I had the work but was afraid to leave the house sober. That's the truth. I spent I,don't know how many months living off of savings because I was afraid to be around people. To me the world just was an angry scary place sober-not saying that you feel that way-i just did.
    Without that little bit of pep in my step I thought I would fail at everything.
    I even started saleing stuff i was so afraid to show my face sober.
    I sure was surprised at how businesses took off though. I even had a customer the other day ask me if oh would talk to his son.
    I asked about what and he said that yeah afraid he's doing drugs at school.
    I said sure but why me?
    (I thought it was a secret from my old customers I had a problem).
    He told me well, if you can fix stuff as f@ked up as you were and come back even better, who better to talk to him than a young guy, cause he sure ain't gonna listen to an old guy like me.
    I actually had supper with there family that night he grilled out for us. And afterwards I did talk to,his son he's a senior at the same high school my son will be going to.
    Halfway through our conversation his dad came out and said listen to this guy cause he's was f@cked up so bad i don't even know how he could concentrate on anything other than breathing and live.
    His dad was joking but really said that.

Made me wonder why he kept hiring me. I'm gonna ask him one of,these days.
    But I digress. Yes working again feels,so good.
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  20. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

“Gratitude begins in our hearts and then dovetails into behavior. It almost always makes you willing to be of service, which is where the joy resides....When you are aware of all that has been given to you, in your lifetime and the past few days, it is hard not to be humbled, and pleased to give back.” --Anne Lamott
    liliann and Joshstillclean like this.