An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My mom the pothead

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by JoshPosh, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sonia11

sonia11 Senior Contributor

Just because marijuana isn't PHYSICALLY addictive doesn't mean it's not psychologically so. I'm truly sorry you had to go through that in your childhood. Anything can be harmful when someone sacrifices everything else in their life to get it.
  2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

Wow I'm really sorry to hear you went through that, especially when you were so young. Does she still dependant on weed? Medical weed is different than street weed, street weed can be laced with just about anything. It's also grown to get you high instead of for its medical property's. Weed that gets you high is also more likely to get someone psychologically chemically addicted, because it has more euphoric qualities. This makes the debate on its addictive qualities confusing because people are talking about two different main types. Essentially two completely different drugs. There's no excuse for not feeding your child, if there's a will there's a way.
  3. brookeemily

brookeemily Active Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Smoking weed can certainly be harmful. It eats away money and the more often you smoke, the more weed you need to get high. So it really just gets more and more expensive as you smoke more. Not to mention legal troubles that can come from smoking - those will really get you.
  4. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

No parent should put their children through that kind of turmoil, no matter the addiction. I guess it's a lesson to us all. Exponents of the drug sometimes forget the innocent people whose lives are ruined or put at risk.