An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My sister was arrested.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by achexx84, Apr 9, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Community Champion

This group will probably be a big help to you in this regard. Of course each state and geographic area differs a bit in the resources that you can use. I wish you good luck, hugs and best wishes in this very difficult situation. I think that taking the time to think and marshall your resources before you visit is a great idea.
    achexx84 likes this.
  2. integrity101

integrity101 Active Contributor

I truly feel for your sister and would urge you never to give up on her. She is at her lowest point now and this is the best time to show her love and understanding. Continue giving her emotional support and she'll eventually turn her life around. Don't give up on her.
    achexx84 likes this.
  3. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

Just wanted to give everyone an update: She is still in jail, no drug charges have been added to her record just yet. She is looking at some jail time for sure, but her charges are still pending. We are still waiting to find out when her court date is. I'm planning on visiting her soon only because everyone else says that they will write her. She apparently had a really bad time in the detox from the withdrawals and defecated on herself in her jail cell, so she's reached the lowest possible level she could at this point.

I feel better; less stress. I know she's in a place where she's monitored, and away from the guy who's helped lead her to this destructive path. Her babies are safe and sound, and my mom has been granted full custody until further notice of my oldest niece, but will most likely have both babies soon enough.

I thank you all for your support. I haven't had a chance to get online in a while, and it literally brought tears to my eyes to see the love and care that everyone has for someone they have never met. It makes this horrible nightmare easier to live with.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. <3
    MrsJones likes this.
  4. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

Thank you, I am definitely going to be there for her. She needs to know that although we are disappointed in what she has done, that she still has family who love her and just want her to be safe and life a long, healthy life. She will learn from this, most certainly.
    kgord and MrsJones like this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@achexx84... Thanks for updating us. Please know that we are here for you to offer support and help, or just to listen. I will continue to pray for you, your sister, and her family. Go forward, be brave, and keep the faith, my friend.
    MrsJones likes this.
  6. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

This is very stressful and I can only imagine what are you going through now when I feel like this by reading your post. I can not tell you what would I do because we live in different cultures and we have different mindsets. I can tell you that I would have to do something about it and honestly I am thinking about those girls more than about your sister. Sorry for being honest like this. I have a sister and a nephew so I know what kind of a decision you have to make.
    I wonder if there is a chance that somebody from the police could protect you and your family if you give them that bastard? I presume that he is not a big fish but you can run a check on him to see if he is wanted and if he could further help the police or even the Feds to catch some bigger fish. I know it sounds like too much maybe but I would go even further for my family so why not.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

YES, better safe than sorry. Don't include the DEA in this.... if that guy finds out it was you guys who did this... you all might be putting yourselves at danger. Those people are really vindictive, specially if someone with a bigger role gets caught as a result of this. Don't risk it. Not worth the risk...
  8. OHelloMe

OHelloMe Active Contributor

Yeah. Unfortunately, kicking a habit in jail is not easy and sometimes even deadly. Make sure she's being medically treated properly. There's a bunch of horror stories about people dying in jail because the deputies ignored them or wrote them off.

Also, if you can encourage her to be polite and pleasant when she interacts with deputies. She will get a lot further with honey than vinegar. My brother died of a Heroin Overdose. I wish someone had arrested him for what he was up to. At least we would've known he was addicted and been able to help him get resources. Drug addiction kills and it sucks.
  9. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

I understand what you mean but he is still doing something illegal and he is still helping to destroy families.