An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My son is abusing suboxone

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Lostandconfused, Aug 15, 2020.

1. My son is 34 years old and is abusing suboxone. He had a heroin addiction as a teenager where he evolved into iv heroin use by the time he was 16. I sent him to rehab and to a psychiatrist. They have diagnosed him with hyperactive attention deficit disorder and aspergers which is on the autism spectrum. He was prescribed suboxone at that time. He was also prescribed ativan in the last couple of years for anxiety disorder by another physician. He stopped heroin but for well over a decade he has abused suboxone. He has twice been found to have a back pack which contains a razor blade, powder and suboxone prescription drugs on him. He has a melt down when he is confronted with this obvious abuse of the drug. The latest situation was a week ago. He has no real employment but was assisting his sister and brother in law at their after school daycare. He had left his "paraphernalia" in the children's bathroom which contained a mirror, razor blades, a white powder and a container labeled "suboxone". My son in law confronted him in his office and my son had a total melt down. My son went to screaming and cussing at my son in law. My son in law instructed him to leave the facility and to not come back. My son refused and continued to scream obscenities to where the children could hear and they were frightened. My son in law pulled my son out of the building by his hair and my son called the police saying my son in law had assaulted him. My son kept saying his "medicine" was legal. My son behaved like a crazy person shrieking and yelling out obscenities in front of the children and throwing his arms around in the air in some random frenzy behavior. My daughter in law works at the facility as well but was not there to observe this situation. She is totally on my son's side and believes my son is a victim. She has continued to work there, but acts offended by the situation. I am at a loss to know what to do. I am very afraid for the welfare of my son's infant son, my grandson. My son, his wife, their son and daughter currently live in a rental home that I own and I pay the water and sewer, taxes and insurances. I have not mentioned any of this to my son or his wife as I know they will be in complete denial of my son having a drug problem. I am also confused how someone can abuse a drug like suboxone. I honestly don't know what to do if anything. My son and his wife are not interested in doing anything differently. My son is lying to his wife and even tells her my husband beat him while he was growing up. This is bizarre as well because my husband may have popped his tail when he was a child with his hand, but that was rare and not hardly a "beating". I can barely remember my husband popping him on the tail on occasion. But this is all meant by my son to paint him as a victim. I'm afraid to ask what he is saying about me. I'm sure it is not good even though my son doesn't share any of this with me. It is all a façade to paint him as a innocent victim and anything we say to try and help him with his drug problem as us attacking him further. I could really use some helpful information on the abuse of suboxone and what to do.
  2. Ibelieveinyou

Ibelieveinyou Active Contributor

@Lostandconfused i can't continue without pointing out individuals with aspergers are infact brilliant in areas we cant begin to understand,so perhaps listening would be beneficial.And in all honesty not you,me,our his physician can honestly say those substances dont help him feel some similance of normality.Please forgive my spelling,im no english major..But i do understand an inability to connect.I have an older brother with autism,normally calm but if his show doesnt come on at the normal time...Sh!t breaks down.So the best i can say is.He has a learning disability and in my heart it hearts to think others value their mentality more than those they dont understand.I am not judging however i pray ive supplied something to consider.
    Stay Strong And God Bless.
    "TRUE CONCERN"
    Davers likes this.
  3. Ibelieveinyou

@Lostandconfused i can't continue without pointing out individuals with aspergers are infact brilliant in areas we cant begin to understand,so perhaps listening would be beneficial.And in all honesty not you,me,our his physician can honestly say those substances dont help him feel some similance of normality.Please forgive my spelling,im no english major..But i do understand an inability to connect.I have an older brother with autism,normally calm but if his show doesnt come on at the normal time...Sh!t breaks down.So the best i can say is.He has a learning disability and in my heart it hearts to think others value their mentality more than those they dont understand.I am not judging however i pray ive supplied something to consider.
    Stay Strong And God Bless.
    "TRUE CONCERN"

I DO NOT RELEASE THIS TO HOTMAIL,IF DONE SO IT WILL BE ILLEGAL AND AGAINST WHAT I WANT WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW!
  4. Davers

Davers Community Champion

So sorry to read this , sounds like you are in a no win situation , I wish that I could advise you on the Subxone abuse but I never used them , I've heard about people shooting them but snorting ? I know it's possible but I'd have to research that .

I truly wish your family all the best & maybe you may have to cut the support but I could not do that to my Son & Grandson .

I keep you in my prayers.
    Ibelieveinyou likes this.
  5. Davers

6. Ibelieveinyou

@Davers needs to be a moderator.I appreciate you very much my brother and you deserve it.
    STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS YOU
  7. Ibelieveinyou

8. Davers

https://drugabuse.com/suboxone/snorting/

Maybe this will help ???
    Thanks
    Like I said before i'm too messed up to be a Mod , + I'm only online 3-5 hrs a day & folk need help 24-7 . Maybe someday. ???
  9. Davers

https://drugabuse.com/suboxone/snorting/

Maybe this will help ???
    Thanks
    Like I said before i'm too messed up to be a Mod , + I'm only online 3-5 hrs a day & folk need help 24-7 . Maybe someday. ???
    Great Song.

I love the Rap Style & it being a Christian Message .

I do need to Start Over .

Ill add that one to my playlist .:cool:
    Ibelieveinyou likes this.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Message @Will_ His feeling's are hurt because i told him i could crush the site!Nah Fuc* That build it UP I'llFind you ALL