An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

My Xanax Detox

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by Askani, Oct 13, 2014.

1. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

Oh, Xanax is terrible. I used to have panic attacks, but they were kind of serious. I couldn’t sleep for days because I constantly felt like I would swallow my tongue and that I would die. It was awful, the right side of my face started paralyzing and that’s when doctors prescribed me Xanax. At the beginning I felt it helped me, but then I felt weird, light-headed all day long and very moody. And I wasn’t taking the dose doctors gave me, but much less. I noticed the horrible side effects and just threw the pills away. I would never recommend anyone Xanax, they’re terrible.
  2. crubio

crubio Member

Marijuana typically exaserbates anxiety though some smokers insist that it has anxiolytic properties. Like any medication, marijuana affects people differently. Although there is no documented pharmacologic contradictions between alprazolam and marijuana, the two drugs may cause a contradictory effect. Marijuana typically is contraindicated in patients experiecing symptoms of depression and anxiety. Furthermore, noting the addictive potential of Xanax as a rationalization to use marijuana as the lesser of two perceived "evils"is not only dangerous and broken logic but may be indicative of a of a more substantial phycological descrepency that may need to be addressed by a professional.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  3. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I took xanax for a very short period of time one time, and I have to say I loved it,,nothing made me as sedated or put me right to sleep..but yes, I could easily see how one could get addicted to it, and feel they couldn't function without it. It is something you could get used to.
  4. zanigirl

zanigirl Member

OMG. Your story is my story. I lost custody of my kids too. How are you doing now? Are you coping? I've been clean since June 2016 but now I'm dealing with the aftermath.
    Davers likes this.
  5. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I do wonder , why some people never come back to update their stories , this leads me to think these people relapsed. BUT that's MY Opinion.
  6. Davers

I must disagree .
  7. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Me too butt.. As a recovering addict myself I agree and disagree. I have used marijuana to defeat depression from opiates. At low dose it dose have a anxiolytic effect. But unfortunately at higher doses it helps depression but it can cause anxiety because it increases activity of our neurons.
    Davers likes this.
  8. Davers

You are correct , my first Bad panic attacks came from smoking weed at 14-15.
    Even if I miss a day of smoking , that first hit will make me paranoid.

I recently started smoking again in July , I got a card (that I can not use anywhere Yet.)
    I was told there were places to get "Low THC oil " from but that was un-true (I was told this by mt Crazy Dr.).

Sry My point is I wanted a low dose pen I was also told these were now Legal in GA.... NOT!!!
    The only way to legally ingest Low .5% THC Oil is by dosing with the drops of liquid.
    I was told I could smoke weed but NO .
    Anyway I wanted to start back & it be legal , won't mess up my take-homes + It should have been a low dose'

Since then 2+ months all I can get is Good Bud . OH! Bought 1 Vape THC pen it was fake like 80% of then out there.

I never thought i'd run low on weed ( Yes I'm bitchy when i'm out ) That never changed .
    Given I have a $300 card & the Supposed dispensary's.

Since starting back there was a good bit of guilt involved but I am legal ???
    I have also proven to myself that , I can not control very well how much I smoke , (OCD Makes me take 2 hits 4 hits or a number that I can live with & I want "THAT HIT" so I smoke more & I can not afford this.

One cool thing that finally came back is when I smoked til 2009 ish , I'd end up wanting to do things like clean up , clean dug Civil War Relics + found $ (Change) , + research old items to find out what they are & what they were used for. This feeling came back just 10 days ago.

If I can not control myself by the end of the year or get legal (affordable ) LTHC-Oil. Ill likely 'Try' quitting again ; I always enjoyed smoking around Christmas Time & that Smell of Jack Daniels just reminds me of the memories when Drinking & smoking was not running my life yet .
    Little ( I Knew from my Mom ) did I know my addictions were building.

Have a goodin...
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.