An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Nausea

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Sep 30, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

This is odd to me,so for 7.5 month's I was sober..truly sober,I messed up lost a day and have started the count over..ok I'm human I accept that, here is the weird part.I achieved those 7.5 month's basically strictly through communication on this site and I've learned to Hate the disease of addiction, this past month I have been talking with people face to face about the 2 decade's I waisted and I have been telling them how certain thing's they have done has impacted me,but the deeper I dig,the more I talk to my mom,dad,uncle's, etc I seriously nearly start puking just looking at them and I have to leave the room and 5 minutes later I feel better,talk to them again and almost puke...WTF is this all about?Any input welcome because I am stupified by this.
    Lostboy8731 likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern Hey there. I'm not quite sure what that's about. Maybe at a deep level you just have such strong feelings about certain things about them or the past that it gives you a physical reaction.
    Lostboy8731 and deanokat like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I was sort of thinking something along those line's, as far as the uncle I think next time I may not walk away and just puke on him,probably wrong of me but man it would make me feel better
    Lostboy8731 and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I think those are your emotions bubbling over, @True concern. Like @Dominica said, you have such strong negative feelings that they are making you physically ill. I know others who have had this issue, too.

Also, I wouldn't mind if you puked on your uncle. Actually, I think he might deserve it. ;)
    Lostboy8731 and True concern like this.
  5. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

@True concern. I fully agree with @Dominica and @deanokat on this one as i to have been experiancing similar episodes. One minute ill be fine and trying to be open and honest with everything im going through and the next im bolting for a bin or washroom. Lately i can feel when its coming as I've started consciously paying attention to my surroundings and how im feeling in these moments and soon as the sweats start then next is dry heaves. I believe there right in saying its nerves. As ive noticed for myself it only happens around those i deeply care about and my emotions start to climb. I hope it gets easier for you brother. Prayers and love
    True concern and deanokat like this.