An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Need help with Adderall

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Oxysloth, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Oxysloth

Oxysloth Member

I starting taking Adderall a couple months ago (maybe 4 months?) i recently got back into it. I love the way it makes me feel so confident awake productive and amazing. Like nobody is better than me in the world. Without it I feel weak tired and not confident. I also get super depressed the day after taking Adderall (unless more is taken) It also depends on the dose and how i take it. I used to take just 15 MG IR pills. I snorted them in the mornings for a quick boost before my coffee then took the rest of that pill I snorted or another whole pill, that held for 4 hours and was very strong. I started getting into Adderall XR, I took one and I felt it but not that much so I took another and I had a nice high going for 12 hours. A couple days ago i took 3 in the morning and a couple hours later took another 2 for a total of 5. I think they are 20MG capsules, I also empty the capsules under my tongue if I need a quick boost (~5 minutes) before a test or before I go to the gym. I haven't taken any in 2 days as I am trying to quit. Any advice to cope with that feeling of when you get a lot on your plate and you just instantly crave adderall? Thanks.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Oxysloth... I can't give you any advice because I don't have any personal experience with Adderall. Hopefully someone else will weigh in and give you some suggestions.

I will say this: It's great that you're trying to quit. Two days is a great start. Keep it up, my friend.
  3. ikealand88

ikealand88 Member

Keep in mind, if you haven’t been diagnosed with ADHD, Adderall might not be the drug for you. It is a very potent drug with serious side effects and needs a legal prescription from a doctor. While Adderall is excellent for its anticipated use ADD/ADHD its formulation does not give 100% efficiency for all of its other off label consumers. This is not a negative reflection on the age sixteen years old plus Adderall formulation; just the reality that this medicine wasn’t designed/developed with the sole purpose as well as function of mental performance and cognitive enhancement ,for non ADD/ADHD users for academic/business strategic purposes.