An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Need help with Benzo Addiction

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Blankman, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Blankman

Blankman Member

It's been a couple years since I have taken any benzos but I suddenly got myself hooked back on them I am prescribed 1mg twice a day. Well that shortly went up to about 10mg 15 a day for about a month. I currently am taking 7 mg a day 4mg in the morning when I wake up and 3mg in the evening. And I still get small symptoms of withdrawl like sweating and anxiety. Anyhow, I have about 300mg of klonopin left and 630mg of valium saved up. I am trying to find the best way to taper down off the klonopin as fast as possible and when should I start using the valium and so forth. I just dont know what to do if any of you have experience with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. This time I have been taking benzos for about 4 month and abusing them for about 1 month. PLEASE HELP!
  2. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Blankman hello and welcome. I don't have experience with this. There is a post about tapering from Benzos along with a link. Look around in the meantime. @deanokat will be on as he is the one who posted it. You could search his posts or replys. We are here for you.
    Davers and True concern like this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

Yes your in a bind here. But its good you've been saving up valium. My advice is to get on the valium as the sole benzo and then taper ten % a week until the final 4 weeks where you have a few different options.
    But I've done the math and you don't have enough valium to get through a detox that will take this long.
    Is recommend going inpatient. Really.
    I've detoxed from nearly all of the major drugs-except meth. And this Is the one I wouldn't even attempt at home. I would seek medical care and do it quickly.
    Forget being embarrassed or ashamed feelings as your tolerance and level of addiction can be very dangerous.
    But type in benzobuddies...you should get a lot of help there.
    Jaystorm28 and Davers like this.
  4. Sarah110

Sarah110 Member

Withdrawal from Benzodiazepines is life threatening. Do not do it cold turkey! I agree with the previous post that you should taper by about 10% each week or even longer. Talk to your doctor about it. They will help you as it is one of the most dangerous meds to withdraw from. Best of luck.... you can, and will do this.
    Davers likes this.
  5. Davers

Davers Community Champion

IMO
    How you taper is up to u and how strong you can be , That's a Dam good amount of K-pin & V's saved up ( but it really depends on the strength of the med's) I assume you got them off the " Street " BTW I DON'T WANT ANY .

I would assume that with such high doses of X a day your tolerance is sky high.

only IMO I'd 'try' to lower the Xanax till they are gone ( but will you get more ?) ..then take the longer acting K-pin tapering as best you can , then when yr about out of K's I'd switch to the much longer acting V's & taper off them as slowly as u can .

This would be a winch for me but it can be done , Really with such high doses , "I'd" go for medical detox , if 'i' could afford it . + you have quit before so I'd guess you know what to expect .

IDK ? I truly wish you all the best & strength in yr situation .
    GD
  6. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I totally agree , & as I stated what mg his V's & K's are will make 'some'? difference in how long they will last + his self control .IMO Medical detox is a Must .
  7. gxk

gxk Member

100% agreed on what everyone has said here.

I MUST echo the thought of trying to do this yourself... DO NOT!

This is super SUPER dangerous.

I am on Xanax, and forgot to take my dose on two different occasions.

It threw me into seizures both times.

The first time I was in the store and had a seizure while shopping. The 2nd time was in the car, while I was driving. I wrecked my car and broke my back.

PLEASE put feelings of "What will people think of me" and the like aside and seek professional help. Do not worry about the stigma about going to a place for recovery.

You need to do this as safely as possible, and unfortunately, it is going to have to be, in my opinion, an in-patient thing. Simply due to the severity of Benzos.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey.

Please do keep us informed about what you have been going through and what the outcome has been.

-----------------

EDIT: This is an old post, I just realized. But the information is still relevant!
    :)
  8. Hey Blankman! visiting your local drug rehab near me will allow you to learn how to live a drug free lifestyle. This way, you will have the opportunity to learn how to get back on track and become a healthier person.