An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Need help with ultram

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by TrixR4Kidz, Oct 2, 2014.

1. TrixR4Kidz

TrixR4Kidz Member

I've been taking tramadol/ultram for over a year and it's really starting to make my life miserable. Should I go to rehab? I'm in college and don't want my parents to know.
  2. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

The sooner you bite the bullet and tell your parents and then seek treatment in rehab, the better things are going to turn out. There's no reason you should hide such issues from your parents, no matter their reaction. Rehab can only do good for your current situation, and your parents' support can only do good, even if they're upset at first.
  3. ambernw

ambernw Member

Back when I first started experimenting with drugs, Tramadol was my almost every day thing so I understand. After a while it made me feel miserable as well and I wanted help, although my story ended up me switching my drug of choice but eventually getting help, but that's beside the point. I would tell someone and try and get help as soon as possible. I agree with the poster above, the sooner the better. And yes, your parents may be angry or disappointed at first, but once they realize that you actually are noticing it's creating a problem for you and you're seeking help and want their support, they will most likely want to be as supportive as they can. Keeping it from them might not be such a good idea. Much luck to you.
  4. sammwich

sammwich Member

I would defently advise that you get extra help if you cant do it alone. some people simply cant do it alone. It doesnt make you weak, your actually a very strong person for coming out and saying you have a problem and that is one of your first big steps to recovery (admitting you have a problem). Either you need to find someone you trust to talk to about this or seek professional help. Its just not going to get better on its own, And if your still sitting there wondering do i have a problem?
    Then ask yourself this...
    Do you think you could go without it tomorrow?
    and if yes.....
    What about the next day?
    If you answered no to one or both you need some support :)
  5. arctic

arctic Member

The fact that you are contemplating on going to a rehab is an acceptance that you need help. It is actually a good sign that you want to get out being hooked on that drug. Your parents should know, they have the right to know and you'll get well quickly with support around you. But if you firmly believe they must not know, it is up to you. The sooner you go to the rehab the better. I wish you well. :)
  6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

Yes if it is making your life miserable, then you should seek some help, check out your college, they cold have some private rehab.