An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the Forums?Join or

Need help

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Jackie101, Dec 12, 2017.

  1. Jackie101

    Jackie101 Member

    My fiance is having a hard time with a drinking problem & I want to help him , I need a doctor who will do a payment plan with me ? He's scared if he quits cold turkey his body could go into shock he's a kind hard working loyal man I just want to be able to get him help
  2. deanokat

    deanokat Community Organizer Community Listener

    @Jackie101... Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing with us. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's drinking problem, but I'm glad you reached out.

    I can't recommend any specific doctors or treatment centers, but I think you should be able to find the kind of help your husband needs. If you go to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's website, they have a "Treatment Locator" tool. Here's the link:

    If you put in your zip code and do a search, it will give you a list of treatment facilities in your area. If you check the information they provide on each place, it will tell you which ones offer information on insurance and payment methods accepted. Some are even no-cost or low-cost. I'm sure there are rehabs that would be willing to give you a payment plan, too.

    You may also want to consider going to Al-Anon meetings for yourself. Support groups like Al-Anon can be incredibly helpful and comforting. It's nice to be around people who know exactly what you're going through and feeling.

    I'm sending lots of love, light, and positive energy your way. And I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.