An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Need topic questions for a drug abuse thesis

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by blastguardgear, May 10, 2015.

1. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

Hello, i have a project about drugs, but i need some questions to write about before i start.Does anyone have any idea for some questions about how to fight drug abuse by teenagers?
  2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

I would say you can use Google. But more to the point, you should specifically look up information of drug focus groups.
  3. TripleD123

TripleD123 Community Champion

A question I would focus on is the real reason why teens start using. Is it emotional problems, or just plain peer pressure? Do teens actively seek out a new drug to try or is it usually just casually offered to them and then they get hooked? Are teens more likely to use if they are more social or to themselves? Those are some thoughts you could run with.
  4. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

The Internet as an influence for drug users? Technology and how it influences personality, lifestyle, etc has always been a fascinating subject. You could start there and move your way from there to googlescholar or similar searches.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

For teenagers, peer pressure can be one of the main reasons they start taking drugs in the first place.

Maybe start somewhere along them lines? Why is it acceptable for others to pressure you into taking drugs...