An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

New Here.. looking for help

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by alexstrange, Jun 14, 2018.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm glad you asked about the pill, @alexstrange. And it's great that you're feeling okay. I hope you continue to feel better each day!
    True concern and Josh111187 like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@alexstrange super glad you are doing alright in rehab in mexico. i happen to love visiting mexico :)

it very well could be an herb... but does it have psychedelic properties? does it make you feel any certain way? just curious. some rehabs in mexico offer ibogaine treatment... doesn't sound like this place is giving you that though.... but the way the dr. described it to you, makes me wonder what they are doing... on a good note, i've heard good things about some of those things!

keep getting well. be positive. and know that we are here rooting for you and here for you anytime!!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  3. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Salvia is very popular here in Georgia, you can buy it at head shops and it is very similar in effect to marijuana, it just makes you hallucinate more than THC does. I have heard of people using psychedelic medication to treat headaches but for everyone to take it as a general cure for drug cravings drug cravings? I don't know, this is new to me. But I am glad that you are feeling better and I have personal experience with salvia. I can tell you that if taken everyday then when you stop you'll have general anxiety, problem going to sleep, lack of appetite.
    Like I said, very similar to pot.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

I've never had THC make me hallucinate,have you?Just curious because i've never been a big marijuana smoker.I have taken psychedelics for headaches but they are not just a normal headache not even like a migraine the headache i suffer from is called "Cluster"headache.I'm just curious again because i've not heard of this type of headache often and both my parent's get them so i guess i inherited them.I just re read your post and i agree psychedelics as a cure for drug cravings i've never heard of that EVER
  5. Josh111187

I've only had medical marijuana make me hallucinate and only twice when I took too much ( by accident), but its hard to say that it was the marijuana making me hallucinate as I was about to have a seizure both times I took too much cannabis oil. And often times I'll hallucinate when I'm really being effected by the epilepsy. Although those two times definitely felt different.
    But I have I'm not proud to say been am avid marijuana smoker up until I stopped about almost a year ago, when I first started trying to really get clean. And during those 14 years I smoked joints like a chain smoker would smoke cigarettes, not once did just regular smoking make me trip.
    When I was a teenager though we would take that salvia just to trip if we couldn't get LSD, that's how strong that stuff is. That's why I was really confused as to why you would take it to stop drugs. Because we used it recreationally.
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

That's interesting about the salvia stuff i've never heard of it and can't figure out why it would be used in rehab.Huh very interesting
  7. Josh111187

Maybe it's kinda like ibogaine, I've never used it but I've heard that it is like a cure for heroin addiction. Its illegal here I know but there's a few places where you can go overseas or international waters and be treated with it.
    Its expensive and I don't really like to hallucinate, and from what I hear that stuff is like the mother of all hallucinagins. But if it really is a cure it could be worth it I guess, but I'm doughtful.
    I don't really see how you can be cured of anything if you're tripping like crazy and don't know up from down. Especially if what you're trying to cure is as psychological as it is physical.
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

It is interesting for sure,i can't say it would or would not work.I was very skeptical on LSD curing my headaches but i tried it because the pain was overwhelming and some how it worked,my headaches have been in remission for about 14 month's now so i am glad they are doing more studies on it just like i wouldn't assume ecstasy helps PTSD but science is showing that it does.
  9. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

so many things are being tried to cure addiction... it can become overwhelming to learn about them all... i have never hallucinated, so can't hone in on that conversation. lol
    Josh111187 and lonewolves like this.
  10. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

So happy the treatment is going well for you!
  11. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I have salvia growing in my garden. For aesthetic reasons, not medical. ;)

[​IMG]
    Dominica, Josh111187 and True concern like this.
  12. Josh111187

I don't recommend it for for anyone. You're not missing out on anything trust me on that.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. Josh111187

I'm happy to hear about the remission of your headaches. I knew that LSD had been tried for neurological disorders and pain in the past. Were you a part of a study group?
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

No i wasn't a part of a study group,i have a friend who suffers from the same headaches and he kept trying to commit suicide because the pain was so intense and his wife started doing research and found chat rooms over seas talking about these cluster headaches and noticed a conversation where many people were talking about temporary relief from mushrooms so we tried mushrooms and we would go into remission for about 3-4 month's and then they would come back so she did more research and found some people were making a claim of full remission from LSD so we started looking for it and couldn't find it and then our friendship became strained from various issues so one day another friend who served in the Afghanistan war and who has a major alcohol problem told me one night he had 6 hits of acid and he was going to take them all if someone didn't"Trip"with him and i told him i would because i had been looking for it for a trial on my headaches anyways so i went to his house and took half of it and now it's been roughly 14 month's headache free and since the age of 18 i have never had more than a 3 month window
  15. Josh111187

Wow, sounds like they need to spend some money researching this.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

They have but not enough.If your curious about them they are called "CLUSTER HEADACHES"and have been deamed the "Most painful condition known to mankind"Surpassing natural child birth with an average life span of 10-20 hour's per incident
  17. True concern

True concern Moderator

Very very painful
  18. Josh111187

Child birth! I'm sorry that you are cursed with this horrible condition. I often feel sorry for myself with the epilepsy...not so much now.
  19. True concern

True concern Moderator

That is how i got started on opiods and how i ended up with the Oxy 80's.My doctor miss diagnosed them and actually quit her practice because of the miss diagnosis and i feel bad for that because honestly she was trying to help me and just didn't want me to hurt and after the 27 day detox i went to my Dr appointment and she was writing me a script for oxy i told her no because i longer take them and she told me she had to taper me down because it could be deadly so i told her about my 27 day's prior and she got emotional and said she had never heard of anyone ever coming off oxy and told me statisics show only 5%of people prescribed oxy live to get off them and she cried.I feel bad she was a good woman and it was not her fault
  20. Josh111187

Like @CMMW said the statistics are against us. My cousin is always saying that something almost killed her. She says it not like an expression though she really believes that that horrible cold or her 4 day experience with tramadol almost killed her.
    I just bite my tongue and shake my head. Some people really have no idea.
    Dominica, deanokat and True concern like this.