An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

New Here.. looking for help

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by alexstrange, Jun 14, 2018.

1. alexstrange

alexstrange Active Contributor

WOW never espected this debate! awesome. well i ahve my 15 minutes of computer time, ill share my day with you guys! Yesterday was a new exprience, doctor guided me into this hipnosis therapy! it going to help me put eliminate bad habits as he tells it! Even though this place is not a 5 star hotel I am pretty confortable the pill its helping out! i am going to do kithcen cleaning the following 2 days, but i still feel that its a long way to recover, in my mind o feel rejection to this sort of therapy, but i guess its just a withdrawal sympthom.. i dunno 2 weeks in here to go ! but i appreciate your messages and resarch on the matter.. ill keep on going! ill inform you guys tomorrow!
    lonewolves and True concern like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

@alexstrange Stay Strong my friend we are all rooting for you.Glad that pill seems to be helping,did you ever find out what it was?
    Dominica likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Definitely keep going, @alexstrange. Sounds like you're making great progress!
  4. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@deanokat beautiful salvia! i've never even heard of this!! lol
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Dominica

deanokat and True concern like this.
  6. alexstrange

hello guys, its a new day, the day was busy, talking to the shrink about my feelings and my needyness has been complicated! still on kithcen duty, still taking the pill (btw) the pill its salvia with another mixture of mayan or aztec herbs.. dunno if they sell it outside of here.. but it has been helpfull, but i guess its a combination of veruthing but mainly accepting that you have a problem.. my motivation is my family! dont want to loose them!
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I wish i was as smart as you are Alex unfortunately I didn't stop until i lost mine.Stay Strong my friend we are all so glad you are getting the help you need.I look forward to hearing about your healing as you progress,we are all rooting for you.
    lonewolves, Josh111187 and deanokat like this.
  8. deanokat

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress, @alexstrange. It sounds like things are going well for you. Keep up the good work and keep thinking about your family. That's excellent motivation for you!
    True concern likes this.
  9. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

That's awesome and I'm so happy that you are in treatment and still remember to keep us posted. That's really amazing I have seen alot of people relapse because they decided they were all good or were ''getting cured", only to loose touch with what or who or whatever helped motivate them to get clean. I'm not talking about this site either.
    What I'm trying to get at is you're doing great down there you get a standing ovation from where I'm at, but it doesn't end there.
    And I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't tell you that the real work is going to start when you get home. I know you said that pill was really helping, man do I know that feeling. Were you quoting me?
    Anyway like I said before that salvia is something powerful and its now illegal in all military branches and most states. So I hope that you always remember your family and they will be there when you get out, but unless you're in a legal state then that salvia won't. And they are about $80 per tablet in Georgia.
    lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  10. Dominica

@alexstrange thank you for the update! glad you're doing well. you sound good! the hard work and being away will be worth it when all is said and done. glad you're here sharing your journey here with us.
    deanokat, Josh111187 and True concern like this.
  11. alexstrange

hello.. today i feel home sick! i know its a 2 week rehab traetment, its not that much, but after yesterday's hipnosis therapy i just felt homesick, i miss my mum and dad, my wife and my kids, they are my motivation, and my will to not back down.. i avent had that craving necesity of wanting to take a pill to numb put mu feelings (guessing the purple pill doeas actaully works out and helps) but my brain is a bit scrambled.. i think i just learned that theres always a cuase and effect! i have damaged so many people around me.. and for that I AM SORRY!
    last day of kitchen duty, ill report again tomorrow!
    lonewolves, deanokat and Josh111187 like this.
  12. Dominica

@alexstrange hey there! i'm sorry you're homesick. that's understandable... but great you are building a strong foundation for when you return home. like the carpenter that pours a firm foundation for the home... solid...capable of withstanding the weight of the structure.. that's what you're doing :)

remember to breathe deeply...throughout the day. relax. take some quiet moments...offer gratitude for progress and hope for a better future.

we believe in you...rooting for you!!

you ARE doing this!
  13. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Everything she said. Couldn't have said it better! @Dominica your posts never cease to encourage me even when they aren't for me.

Hey alex, just for the short time that you have been down there I can tell from the posts that you're making huge strides. Like your spelling and wording isn't messed all up like before you went. That's a compliment take it no other way, please. My first post I was typing and throughing up and couldn't get off the toilet. (I was using my phone). I reread it the other day and I don't even know what I was trying to say, something like help, so sic or something similar. Its funny now because thinking back, I haven't shared this but Its the truth, when i was reaching out for help on this site, I was actually asking for physical help. I was so sick I didn't realize the impossibility of getting physical help off of the internet.lol
    Ended up though I got an even better kind of help, the kind I really needed.
    I'm so happy that you're making progress!!!
    I would suggest, and I did this my last and successful trip to the rehab center.
    Try and stay focused on the family that you want to get back to so badly, and try to ignore the effects of that pill you said was calming you, because you won't leave with it.
    I have left rehab three times and immediately relapse because I had been taking a barbiturate as needed-as often as possible in my case-and was so happy when I was released that all three times before I got home I realized that hey I'm gonna be wanting that pill. So 3 trips to rehab for me I got out and went to the dope house before my house. Its pathetic and I'm not at all saying this is going to happen to you. Just something to think about. Because that salvia is alot like marijuana and you said it really helps you and I know it does. A few months ago I was buying salvia at outrageous prices because that's how bad my nerves are and it really does help.
    I know I keep coming back to that salvia, but its only because I have used it VERY MUCH for anxiety.
    My friend, its going to be great when you get home and can hug and kiss your family, I'm just giving a little heads up about stopping the salvia pill and not to be surprised by how you feel a few days later. Don't ever think that you are not nearly as better than you thought, salvia does that, gives you some anxiety when you stop it suddenly after taking it regularly. I know from personal experience, and I care about you and want to have many more conversations with you. So something to just be aware of, maybe talk to your Dr about?
    You're going to be fine, I believe your spirit is in the right place. God bless.
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

It's great to hear from you my friend and i can tell your making significant progress because your emotions are now starting to hit you and though it hurts and i know your sorry it's a good thing to feel,i went through and still at times get hit with similar emotions the I AM SORRY emotions always get to me so i understand how your feeling and it is a good thing you feel that way because after that comes effort to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you have to feel like that again.So try to focus on your recovery and know your family love's you and is going to be so happy to have the real you back.I'm proud of you @alexstrange and can't wait to hear about your progress tomorrow,Stay Strong my friend you got this.God bless you and Take Care
    deanokat likes this.
  15. deanokat

I'm super proud of you, @alexstrange. And there's nothing wrong with being homesick. Just work through it and know that when you get out of treatment and return home, things will be much better than they have been. Keep working on yourself in rehab and know that there are a lot of people who believe in you. You are not alone. Gather all the tools and coping skills treatment has to offer you so you can use them when you get back home.

Sending more positive juju your way! Hope you have a great weekend!
    True concern likes this.
  16. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

@alexstrange,
    Just piping in to say I’m also proud of you, and inspired by you!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  17. alexstrange

hello beautifull people, sorry for the long weekend.. i wasnt specting to be 2 days of full silence.. it was hard
    i dont know how priest do it! but on the other hand it helped alot, writting are your feelings, all your life, and you come to very important impass, although this rehab center its not catholic or christian nor any religion, thoy took this idea and it has been in a way liberating.. friday afternoon they gave us the order not to speak, just to do everything in silence (i thought it was stupid) but then saturday mornin came and we couldnt speak, a group called the warriors came and talked about ther addictions and how they hit rock bottom, they gave the instruction to write a about our life, from childhood to today, with every detail posible, i wrote for hours, early sunday morning around 3 am they woke us and told us to write about the people we had damaged, and also who was the one who hurts us the most and when.. it was dificult but i blame my father for leaving us!

around 7 pm the silence tratment was over and they took us to a mountain hill, to shout, and to scream all of our feelings to those who we felt made the most damage!
    it was liberating..

i feel a diference in my life, accepting that i have a problem was and is what this semi breakthrough, getting rid of all this junk we carry was great + taking the purple pill which has me not craving oxy has been a great combo..
    still 1 week to go..

still a bit homesick...
    lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  18. True concern

True concern Moderator

Awesome,i have never heard of the silent treatment but i can see where it would work as sometimes we say thing's that hurt but our actions don't always reflect what our word's say so ya actions speak louder than words and what a brilliant way to highlight that,i am glad you were able to uncover the underlying problem with your father and at the same time i'm sorry you had to go through that but mostly happy you were able to release it,im sure that helped and now if thing's start to get to you you are aware of what you need to do (go scream at a mountain)i like that i feel like doing that right now but it's 5:40a.m. and everyone is still a sleep so i will refrain for now lol.I am happy to hear you are not having cravings for oxy i am all to familiar with that pill and it is without doubt a life destroyer so good you don't need it.Keep working your program my friend it is doing something amazing in give you your life back as well as giving you back to your family and that is priceless.Stay Strong we got your back and we are all rooting for you
    lonewolves likes this.
  19. deanokat

That sounds like a fabulous exercise, @alexstrange. I'm so glad you got to experience it. And I'm sure the writing was incredibly cathartic, too. Keep working hard during your last week. I see good things in your future, my friend!
    True concern and lonewolves like this.
  20. alexstrange

hello guys.. a new day here, I am no logner on any duty, this new week and last will be with the dr. conrado we will explore the findings of the long weekend and the silent treatment, everything that i wrote.. i cant help but feel like i am going to confession.. its like i am going to speak out all my sins.. i have done my fair share of sins, and did a lot of damage to people.. but i am afraid.. i know that in the 1o steps one must acknowledge for their sins and repair the damage.. i am afraid..
    Dominica, lonewolves and deanokat like this.