An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

New Here.. looking for help

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by alexstrange, Jun 14, 2018.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

It's okay to be scared, @alexstrange. But maybe go into this with the thinking that you're doing a sort of cleansing of the soul. Maybe it is kind of a confession. Call it what you will, but I think the process will, in the end, make you feel better. It can be very liberating to get things off your chest. Go into it with an open mind and let it take you where it may. I'm hoping you can come out on the other side of this exercise a better, healthier person.

Namaste.
    True concern and lonewolves like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

I am proud of you Alex and look at the bright side of that,you can release all your sins and give them over to the lord which will allow you to focus on your recovery and new life.There is a verse in timothy in the holy bible that says "God gave us a soul of faith not fear"I often have to reflect on that in my own recovery because we as addicts are completely aware of our sins and many who are not addicts are not but the bible says we are all sinners so i look at this particular scenario as an advantage for addicts who try to right their wrongs because in the lords eye's we are all equal and acknowledgement of our sins is important for everyone not just addicts
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

thanks joshua! you encourage me too! :)
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  4. Dominica

I bet that was liberating!! awesome!
    deanokat likes this.
  5. alexstrange

alexstrange Active Contributor

cant have much internet time today!
    doctor said thats going to be a very climactic week, and as of yesterday it has been..
    especially when he took me put of the purple pill, he says that its a suprossor of my addiction and it has been working well, now its time for the challenge, he says that i could have gone and only used the pill to recover, but this treatment will help me get rid of the inner demons that led me to this situation... my family its supporting me.. i i will take control of my life, and do not let it be controled by my needs ... thanks for all the support!
  6. deanokat

Thanks for the update, @alexstrange. I hope you can indeed get rid of those inner demons. And I think it's fabulous that your family is supporting you! Things seem to be going very well for you and that makes me happy! Yes! Take control of your life, my friend!
    Dominica, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

You got this my friend and again i am so proud of you. @alexstrange you are very brave and i know your inner demons don't stand a chance,you have them on the run and your not letting up.God bless you,you deserve to be happy and i know in my heart you will win this fight just work the program like you have been and your new life will be waiting for you once you leave there and go back to your family.Stay Strong my friend we are all rooting for you
    Dominica, lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  8. alexstrange

Just a couple of minutes! Still on the confession stages.. its taking alot of time going throught all of this! i have damaged alot of people, and i have been dagamed, i am not a toy that can be returned and changed for a new one, i need a refurb (as i told the doctor) but i will be great as a new one!
    it has been hard these couple of days!
    i will keep on going!
    Dominica, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

You are facing down your disease with exceptional courage my friend,digging deep,facing reality,opening your heart and soul.You my friend are displaying the will and desire to be uncovered like a classic car that has been neglected for year's only to be "Refurbished"and be better than ever,and just like that refurbished car you will need to stay aware of your condition to maintain it's beauty just like a refurbished car needs to be waxed to maintain it's shine you will need to stay aware of your condition and actively work through your emotions to maintain a happy healthy you.I am proud of you and I have no doubt your family is as well.Stay Strong my friend you are doing it
    Dominica, lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  10. deanokat

So glad you're going through this process, @alexstrange. I think it's going to be life-changing for you. I'm hoping that discovering and confronting the damage you've suffered--and caused--will help you come to terms with the root causes of your addiction. In the long run, I believe that will help you stay clean and sober. Keep working hard! I think the refurbished @alexstrange will be even better than the original one!
    lonewolves and True concern like this.
  11. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

I love the positivety that pours out of this post. I hope many people read through this thread and get inspired by you, @alexstrange.

I feel so proud to be part of this online community!
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  12. deanokat

Hope you're doing well today, @alexstrange. Maybe you can update us later if you have access to the internet.

@lonewolves... We're super happy to have you as part of this community!
  13. alexstrange

Today its my last day! tomorrow ill be home! ill keep on posting from home once i get there...
    i have faced most of my inner demons, one of them being taking from granted everything the media throws at us, that you have be skinny, quaterbacks get the cheerleader, if you are white then this happens, if you are black this happens, if you are latino this other thing, yes some mght be true, but taking them and making them unspoken rules have put most if us in this unstatisfied stage.. nothing can fill it up, its jus a huge black hole.. and i ended up using pills not to feel the pain for not being succesfull enough, or not having enough money for this.. now I understand that i have to be me, deal with me... not the Me that the world wants.. because i wont please everyone..
    i think in my head makes more sense than in writting... but still... i am not proud of the road i have been on for so long, i had to go back and look and the crossroads, not everything its easy, i have to work hard, and let all those things that messed up our minds go to hell.. concretate that i have a beautifull family, who supported me..
    i have to acknowledge and understand that i am happy with what i have have, recive.. i do not need to be a pretender a be some one else... i am FREE of those demons..
    i am still afraid.. i have to have the most challenging phase... my facing my family, ask them for forgiveness and show them that i am and addict willing to change to be a better person for myself and that will represent my family and also share with them my happyness... i know that what i have done has had negative effects on them, but i am going to encourge them to look forward..

thanks guys.. ill keep on posting!

if anyone wants info on this place or the purple pill treatment , send me a pm
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

I am so glad you're doing well my friend and you mentioned the media and it's message....I will not get into that here as all i seek is you and other's bettering your life,however i have been considering a "My view on political climate" and now i understand your point so i will be posting on my blog My thoughts of what the political world and media coverage has done and is causing
    Dominica likes this.
  15. deanokat

Awesome update, @alexstrange! Congrats on your last day! I'm glad you're gonna be going home feeling like you have slain some dragons/demons. Remember to take things a day at a time when you get home; maybe even an hour or minute at a time if necessary. Whatever it takes to keep you on the right path. Live in the moment. And know that your life will be better clean and sober.

We are here to accompany you on the next stage of your journey. So come and lean on us anytime you'd like. We are happy to be part of your support network!
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

It an absolute honor @alexstrange
    deanokat likes this.
  17. Dominica

@alexstrange i'm so happy for you! thank you for sharing your journey with us! congrats for completing treatment. you certainly received some great revelations while you were there! sounds like you have a better grasp on who you are (a good soul).... you've peeled back some layers of pain and applied some healing salve... and are more at peace. i think that's wonderful. continue on your journey toward wholeness........and know that we're here for you... are you planning on any aftercare treatment? like counseling or some sort of support network? just curious...

happy sunday!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  18. alexstrange

I AM BACK IN CHICAGO!
    deanokat, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  19. alexstrange

hey guys i am back home, its nice its has been 3 days!
    i am doing great, no preasure, but my wife is treating me like a 3 year old, she wont let me do anyhting... il let her pamper me for a couple of days.. ill be going back to work on monday! i am happy and thrilled.
    deanokat, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  20. Dominica

@alex
    great that you are home! and that you're going back to work! good for you for completing treatment and now getting on with your life! keep some good supports handy...will help! know that we are here for you and hope you will keep coming here and sharing life.

(fyi, we cannot post links to herbs, so deleted that)

have a wonderful day and welcome home!
    deanokat likes this.