An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

New to suboxine and scared

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by mshotrod43, Nov 9, 2018.

1. mshotrod43

mshotrod43 Member

Hi my name is Sandra I have been on opiods for 7 years after my back was broken by a drunk driver in at my home in Las Vegas, About 3 months ago I finally hit the fork in the road to where I was and am tired of the pills, I never took them to get high I took the, all 7 years for the pain, and after I moved here from Las Vegas all the doctors treated me like a drug addict, don't get me wrong I was addicted to the pills but I always took them as prescribed for 7 years, Now I went and got on Suboxone and I take half of what the told me too i don't want to end up addicted to these. My biggest fear is I have been on Valium for 30 years and from what i read i am I just want off anything to do with the opiods
    afraid, I dont know anyone here and no one would understand i work everyday
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@mshotrod43 welcome to the site and I am sorry to hear about your back,my mom has had two back surgeries so I see what that pain is like daily.What pain meds were you taking?What strength?How many a day?I haven't ever been on suboxone but I have heard both good and bad. I hope to hear more about you and your story so I can better respond but other's will chime in as well.Stay Strong and God Bless you
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@mshotrod43... Welcome to the community, my dear. I, too, am sorry to hear about your back and the difficulties you've been going through. Suboxone can be a great help in getting off of opiates, but I would advise you to take it for as short a time as possible. I suggest that you work closely with your doctor to figure out how long to take it and when to start weaning off of it.

This article might be helpful to you:

The Effects of Suboxone Use

We are here to help, support, and listen. You can always come here and know that there are non-judgmental people here who care. So don't hesitate to use us as part of your support network, okay?

Sending you lots of love, light, hope, and strength. And healing vibes as well.
    True concern likes this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@mshotrod43 Welcome to The Forum. Yes I'm very sorry about your chronic back pain and how it happened. I think it's great that you're trying to get off opioids, and I agree with Dean that working with your doctor closely can be helpful. Are you looking to get off Valium as well? Just curious.

Definitely keep educating yourself too and know there we are here to support you however we can. Take some time to read Around some different threads. You can get a good idea of what other people have done to help with getting off of opiates. One thing is for sure. You're not alone
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

My spelling sucks lol,I've been spelling it "Your not alone"LMAO I think YOUR'S:confused::confused: is more accurate "You're not alone":eek::eek::eek:Check-got-ito_O:)
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern lol i'm glad you're learning all sorts of things here....even spelling!! :rolleyes:
    deanokat and True concern like this.