An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Nicotine free for 60 days!

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Kweh, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Kweh

Kweh Member

The reason I say nicotine free is, I never felt 'cured' from smoking until I stopped using patches, e-cigs and gum.

It's a tremendous feeling finally being free from the addiction, as I've smoked for approximately 10 years. I've started running again as a hobby and I've never felt better.
  2. Shenwil

Shenwil Senior Contributor

Congratulations to you on quitting completely. Exercise really does help with this. Hope you continue on this new found path.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Kweh... That's awesome. I quit 25 years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did. Wishing you continued success on your smoke-free journey!
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Best of luck to you Kweh! 60 days is already a milestone. Before you know it, it'll be a year. And then a decade. What you're doing is highly recommended. By keeping fit, you're preserving your health and keeping away from the lure of alcohol.
  5. 6up

6up Community Champion

Self motivation can see us through addiction to quitting. I remember when I used to smoke how I could read materials outlining the negative effects. We also need to be keen so that advertisements won't get up back to smoking. If one manages to quit then he should help his friends to also quit.
  6. Dwayneu

Dwayneu Community Champion

Congrats buddy. Not only on quitting smoking, but nicotine altogether. 60 days is a great start, and I hope you make it into months upon months and then years. Best of luck and keep running!
  7. L_B

L_B Community Champion

60 days is a Hugh accomplishment and o me to be proud of. I am glad you took up run in agAin. It will keep you motivated to.stay smoke free. Best of luck to you.
  8. Juanpeace

Juanpeace Active Contributor

The best feeling in the world is freedom it means you love yourself and your family. The right path is in front of you and all have to do is keep moving forward and never look back. You conquered an addiction and it feels fine. The moment you quit a lot of good things have happened to your body you will feel it I am very sure. good job!
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is really nice to know that you have been nicotine free for 60 days. Congratulations for that and keep up the great work. Having a healthy hobby is a great way to totally get rid of it.
  10. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Good job! I "quit" smoking a year ago, but at first I tried with e-cigarettes and it wasn't really helpful for me. So my actual quit was in February or March, last year, from what I remember. I still can't believe so much time has passed. 2015 flew so fast!
  11. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Congratulations on your success. Getting back in shape will definitely make you feel better. Being able to quit after 10 years is a big accomplishment. Good luck with staying free of your addiction.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

60 days is certainly a big achievement and one that you should be proud of. At the same time though, people that are using nicotine patches or other forms of help that haven't touched a cigarette also deserve credit, and while they're not nicotine free, they're still breaking the habit of smoking.
  13. rainbowguard

rainbowguard Senior Contributor

Good job. There is a huge gap between going completely nicotine free and let's say skimming one cig per week or as you said, going with other nicotine alternative. I hope you feel much improvement on your body especially since you try to exercise regularly. For some people, including me, exercising really helps them take of their minds off smoking and its also a good way to improve their body so it is a really good thing to do during recovery. Keep up the good work and hopefully you will overcome any further hurdles.
  14. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Congrats @ OP. Fighting and overcoming a nicotine addiction never is easy but as long as you are determined to win I know that nothing can stop them from embracing victory. Never look back . . .

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
    ― Pablo Picasso
  15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hello there, @Kweh! Wow, congratulations on being nicotine free now! Kudos to you for a job well done. Keep being an inspiration to a lot of struggling/recovering addicts out there. I wish you all the best! :)
  16. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Congratulations that is super!! yay!! Smoking may have some physical dependency involved but when all is said and done it is just a habit and as a habit I think it can be broken. I think that is wonderful and keep up the good work. It must feel so freeing to be able to kick such a destructive and toxic habit.
  17. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Way to go! How are you doing? I hope everything is going well :) My fiance might be trying the Nicotine route this year, but I've heard from other people stopping using the patches is another story :( We will see, all I want now is that he stops smoking... he is already experiencing a really stubborn cough.
  18. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Stopping the patches is going to be tricky, because that's the only way your body is getting the nicotine now, so stopping them is going to be like stopping smoking again, only not as bad.

And that last part is the key, it won't be as bad as stopping smoking, and that's what people need to realise. It's another step on a long road but it's a step closer towards your goal, and that's the main thing.
  19. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Congratulations! You're completely right about not being free from smoking until you stop all the nicotine intake, just hold on and do not ever think about smoking again. I am almost at the 180 day milestone, and I can say that it's a really beautiful view from here, when I look back, the first 3-4 months were the worst, after that it gets easier and easier, I still wonder how much more easier will it get. I've also been going to gym, and this seems to help a lot, as the only days when I still think about smoking, are the ones when I do not hit the gym.
  20. Teresa53

Teresa53 Member

Congratulations. I hope soon I can get more exercise when I get over back issues. But ihavenbeen quit long. And using vape