An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

nicotine replacement therapy

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Frances96, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Frances96

Frances96 Member

I have been smoking for several years and I have 4 cigs per day. Now I decided to quit, cause I understood that it is abuse. But I want to find the easiest way to quit. I found a lot of interesting facts about nicotine replacement, many sites say that it is a good method to help to quit. For example, VapingDaily gives the article about skin patches, nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, and even nasal sprays. SO as for it's interesting to try. Maybe somebody heard smth or tried, I would like to know your mind about this stuff. Thank you.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Frances96... If you're only smoking 4 cigarettes a day, my advice would be to quit cold turkey. Or cut down to 2 cigs a day, then quit cold turkey. Replacing one source of nicotine with another would not be my first choice, not when you're smoking so little. Remember: If you use a patch or gum or whatever, you'll have to quit that source of nicotine, too. You're just prolonging the inevitable, IMO.

Good luck to you! I quit smoking 28 years ago (cold turkey) and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. :)
    Lostboy8731 likes this.