An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Nicotine..WTH

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Joshstillclean, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Thank You - Being honest is way more important than quitting smoking!
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

How are you doing @cheffy you havnt shared in a while how everything is going. :)
    Joshstillclean and cheffy like this.
  3. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Yeah, I'm OK - I've just been watching and waiting to find out what's real and what's not real in this universe of ours. I'm seriously cutting back on the Seroquel - I was at 1000mg and down to 600mg now so I have to re-acclimate myself to the real world, or something like that. I just noticed you are the moderator now - that's really great! A lot of people rely on these forums to stay cool and collected in their bad times, and having a moderator is a really important part of it. Anyways, I will keep watching and helping as I can. Thanks for checking me out though! Much appreciated!
  4. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

I can understand cutting down on your meds I think that's great brother. Hopefully it wont take long to acclimate. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your hanging in there.
    Joshstillclean and cheffy like this.
  5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

Nicotine was more difficult than anything. I was abstinent 8 times before I was free from craving. One time on my 7th attempt, I was abstinent for one year to the day and the craving came back. My freedom was based on self -examination, analyzing all my behavioral sensory connections by rewiring my brain with sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. I smoked after sex, after a meal, on the phone, after catching fish, driving, reading, the smell and sound of the match, lighter, etc.
  6. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

What kind of athlete were you sir?
    cheffy likes this.
  7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

Thank you for asking, but I prefer to remain anonymous.
    cheffy likes this.
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

Without giving anyone your identity or personal details, can you tell us if you played baseball,football,hockey, etc.Just curious what sport you played.
    cheffy and Joshstillclean like this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

@cheffy I hope and pray your med cut back goes well for you,I miss seeing you around here but I understand the need to work on one's self might mean less online time.So I have been struggling more than normal lately and as I read your post here I realized, this current struggle really took off after I started my psych meds,like literally the struggle got worse by about 2-3 time's and I am currently considering doing the same as far as lowering my dose and hopefully to the point of some sort of athletic release for my hypertension and mood swings as running was a true blessing for me for 10 month's until I hurt my knee,anyways all this to say will you please keep me posted on your progress because I care and I want to see if you can give me any ideas on how to make this finally work for me.Thanks again and take care of yourself my friend God be with you
  10. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I prefer you to remain anonymous as well. Like I was a heroin and coke and valium addict, but I still want to be anonymous.
    Wasn't asking you to reveal who you are.
    I just enjoy talking to you...
    cheffy likes this.