An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Nightmares and cold sweat

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by amethyst, Apr 22, 2015.

1. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

That is the spirit as far as I see it, keep the goal in mind and never forget that we will get a life again, we will stop living for an addiction and can actually start things that make us happy.
  2. LaraLara

LaraLara Member

I experienced horrible nightmares for over a year, waking up in sweat and agony. It was horrible, this was after a 7 year weed addiction, and 10year smoking addiction. I'm still not heathy by any stretch of the imagination, and it will take a long while for me to get there, but I'm getting there slowly. The best thing I can suggest is making sure you are in a ridiculously relaxed state before going to bet. You can do this by getting in a hot bath, or just practicing good sleep and mental hygiene.
    kjones likes this.
  3. sunflogun

I am sorry to hear about that Lara and to be honest I am surprised that it happens with weed addiction too. The body and mind both suffer so it takes a lot of effort to overcome addiction.
  4. Cheeky_Chick

Cheeky_Chick Community Champion

Trust me, this is completely normal when you're going through any tough time, never mind something that is as tough as addiction. You will get through it, and I am certain that you will come through the other side a much stronger person because of it. You just have to try and keep remembering why you're doing this - because you need to kick this habit once and for all - and then you should find that things begin to get a lot easier as time goes by.
    kjones likes this.
  5. sunflogun

It just shows how much the body has endured and how much it costs to get it all out of our system. It has to be a great incentive never to consume again.
  6. kjones

kjones Member

I am not sure if this would be considered a withdraw symptom, but I had cravings for sweets a lot after I stopped drinking. It has been quite a while since I stopped, and I am about 20 pounds heavier than I used to be. I think it is from eating too much sweet cakes and doing less activity - like walking to the bar :eek:.

At this point, I have my cravings under control. So, if there is anyone out there who is having sugar cravings after kicking the habit, don't be too upset, they eventually fade. Now, if I could just shed this weight!