An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

No insurance

Discussion in 'Low Cost and Free Treatment' started by MikeyD, Oct 2, 2014.

1. MikeyD

MikeyD Member

where can i go to detox from vicodin without insurance
    Joseph likes this.
  2. Allen24

Allen24 Active Contributor

If you are uninsured and have low income, there might be a treatment facility near you that offers discounted rates or pricing on a sliding scale based on your income level. It's worth calling them to ask and see if they are able to work with you on getting affordable treatment.
  3. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Hi MikeyD,
    Call our toll-free hotline to find out what options are available for your specific treatment needs, budget and location: 1-800-943-0566.

The SAMHSA Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator can also help you find free or reduced cost services. Just select the "Payment Assistance"option when you search.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    kjonesm1, Teresa and Gelsemium like this.
  4. Igotthebuzz

Igotthebuzz Member

I believe that whether you have insurance or not you should receive some type of help. I mean there has to be a reason that you do not own insurance. Most times its simply because people can not afford insurance. Have sympathy for people as you will want those to have sympathy for you.
  5. shilpa123

shilpa123 Member

I think it is very important that you get right kind of treatment for your own betterment. Not having an insurance should not hinder you. However, you must also understand that there are people other than the ones who working in rehab who can help you out, a wise doctor or a very close friend is a great suggestion. They may not be able to provide you with detox from vicodin, but their opinion can be really cared for.
  6. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Where are you from? If your country happens to be a welfare state, then you can go to public treatment facilities where services are for free or without extra charge. If you don't have insurance, then please take the time to get one when your means permit you to. You can't rely on government services for forever.
  7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

Depending on the country there will be different options, but some countries offer free detox help, if we are lucky enough to live in one of those our job is "made easy". Best of luck Mikey!
  8. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

Hope you do well and find something out there in your area. I would also look at the enrollment period for the ACA coming up in November, or Obamacare as it's called. There may be some options there for you as well.
  9. sarahxalex

sarahxalex Member

Some places have different rules so it may depend on where you live. Look up some treatment centers in your area and even if you have no insurance they may help you or even give you a payment plan. Either way they should treat you and help you in any way you need.
  10. You can always apply for medicaid in your state and I am pretty sure that once you are at a rehab they will help you apply.
  11. jade870

jade870 Active Contributor

I think if you are wanting help whether you have insurance or not you should be able to get help .
    Personally I don’t think it’s right if you are trying to rehabilitate yourself and just because you don’t have a insurance your rejected. But that is the way our government has made it for all this. Personally I think we should all speak out against this. Especially if you have personally been there something like this yourself.
  12. Gelsemium

I think that rehabilitation is really important and if we really want to do it we will make it regardless of having insurance or not, our will is what matters.
  13. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

Even people with no resources have options for finding treatment for their dependence. Check with your local health clinic -- they deal with people with no insurance all the time and can likely point you in the direction of the resources you need. You may be eligible for free programs in your area or for programs that will allow you to make payments or trade community service for the aid you are receiving.
  14. Gelsemium

That's right. I feel that when we want something that we need and we fight for it that the door will open and we will find an opportunity regardless of our possessions.
  15. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

I would imagine most will take payments if you don't have insurance. Try to get them down as low as possible if you are paying cash. Narconon does and they are world wide. Their methods are controversial. This has to do with the complete effectiveness of the method used. It works and the side effects that will get lifted can be brutal. There is nothing to blame on the method. The blame of any negative effects are directly related to what is being detoxed. One has to be strong and determined to complete any detox program. I have used their method on myself in a gym and did it myself. Really it depends upon what you are removing. My friend who introduced me to the technique was detoxing LSD. Now she had to have supervision. There was no way for her to handle that alone. She said she would see a life size roadrunner sitting next to her in the steam room.
  16. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

I was actually on medicaid when I went into rehab. It cost me nothing, that was some years ago. things may have changing by now not sure. I'm sure if you search around there is some form of help for you. I really hope you find it good luck.
  17. Gelsemium

So that's good news for your karmaskeeper, the last thing we want when trying to recover is to think about money or any other concerns, so having "free" support had to be nice no?
  18. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

That's a great suggestion. Even if they don't offer anything they may have the connections to point a person in the right direction at the very least. Great idea.
  19. Gelsemium

Pretty sure they have connections and I don't want to sound religious, but the fact is that those who seek will find. ;)
  20. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

There are definitely resources out there that you could take advantage of even if you don't have health insurance. Have you tried googling places in your state/area with stuff like that, or calling a hotline? There might be a free program sort of thing in a community center or something like that near you!