New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

No Methadone day 7

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Sammykb, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sammykb

Sammykb Member

Day 7 no methadone. wow what can I say. I’m feeling drained very depressed, hating everything and everybody. I don’t want to get worse
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Sammykb hey there! congrats on day 7!! that's fantastic! :)

i'm sorry it feels so crummy right now. there's no doubt withdrawal sucks... but play the tape through... one day you'll wake up feeling a bit better, and the next day, even better, and the next day, maybe even good, and the next, maybe GREAT! one day, you'll feel like your old self before you ever had a thought of any drug entering your body...like a kid playing tag with his/her friends all happy and free.... play the tape through to see and feel THAT... :)

A few tips:

Put your recovery first… if you slack on taking care of YOU… you could find yourself feeling crummy and tempted to go back to old habits.

One day at a time… it’s not just a cliche. Helps to think about things in small, daily segments.

Talk to others… this forum is a great place to communicate, get things off your chest, connect, and share your struggles or victories. We’re here!

Embrace optimism! :)

Some sort of exercise may help!

Hit a support group! AA or NA or SMART Recovery… something to stay connected and supported!

And don’t give up, no matter what!

Hope this helps and hope to keep seeing you around!
    Sammykb likes this.
  3. Sammykb

Sammykb Member

Thank u so much for your support it means a lot
    Dominica likes this.
  4. Dominica

My pleasure! Stay in touch!
  5. NY_Upstate518

NY_Upstate518 Member

Wow if you can say that then you are doing great. You are very brave and I congratulate you on your success keep up the good work.
  6. Dominica

@Sammykb hey there! how are you doing??? just thinking of you and wanted to check in.... drop in and let me know when you get a chance.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Sammykb... How are things going with you? If you have a spare minute or two, check in with us and give us an update. We care!
  8. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Hey there, I've been watching this thread and was honestly quite impressed that you made it to day7. From my experience and the way you said you felt on the big 1 week mark I figured you cold turkied or jumped off at a high dose. I'd like to know how you're feeling if you get a chance.
    Dominica likes this.
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Thinking of you today, @Sammykb. Hope things are going alright for you. If you feel like letting us know how you are, that would be great. We care.