An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

No smoking in cars with minors

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by elbowstain, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

I personally think that it's a good law. I don't smoke inside my car or inside the house. When they started to prohibit people from smoking in certain public places, the thought was that there would be a mob of people protesting the laws, but instead of that the smokers adapted and life carried on. This is just one more of those cases.
  2. MichelleVL

MichelleVL Senior Contributor

I think it's an excellent idea. This law should be passed everywhere. If a person wants to harm themselves then fine, but harming others in the process is not; specially children. I'm a smoker and I have a daughter. I always make sure that when I smoke, that I'm very far from her. No smoking in the car or in the house is allowed in my household. I also wash my hands, arms, brush my teeth and change my shirt, because I know the toxins stay attached to your clothing and body. Harming myself is one thing, but harming my child is another thing, and I don't stand for it.
  3. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I think I read about this last year and thought it was the most brilliant thing they could ever come up with! A truly good move, a lot babies and minors out there will surely thank whoever came up with this amazing idea! I wish more countries did the same thing, it would be good if there was a law who protected minors at home too, because a lot awful parents smoke at home to, just like my in laws did when my fiance was little.
  4. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

So happy to hear this - where I live this is already the law, and I absolutely think it should be in place everywhere! Kids don't have the ability to necessarily say "hey - I don't like breathing this stuff in!" so I think that's where the law needs to step in and protect them and their health.