An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Non Alcoholic Beer

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by blur92, Jan 11, 2015.

1. My dad had liver damage, so I remember the only alcohol he would ever drink was NA. He would always order an O'Douls when we went out if they had it, and that's the beer he would buy if he wanted to buy any while grocery shopping. I think it's an excellent alternative for people who can't/won't drink alcohol. I think also that you have to be careful because it tastes/smells/looks like beer, so I think it'll be easier to relapse in a way.
  2. Bonzer

Bonzer Community Champion

I used to have fruit beers before I started consuming strong beers. However, I enjoyed strong beers but they never became an addiction. When I drank, I binged and was still lucky as it didn't transform into an addiction. Any ideas that stop you from problem drinking are fine.
  3. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

Nver tried a non alcoholic beer since I'm not a big beer fan anyway, but it looks like a smart thing to do when it comes to drinking.
  4. O_Wright

O_Wright Member

Personally, I had discovered non alcoholic beer through friends. I had always been sensitive to alcohol but then I was introduced to an alternative, non alcoholic beer. The beer had it's differences don't get me wrong but kept me 'going' for much longer, at this point I didnt know what I liked more; having exotic alcoholic beverages and going 'crazy' or keeping 'sane' and having non alcoholic beers.
    The only issue with the beer was the taste, it was 'different' shall we say.
    Nowadays, I have a mix of both but less regularly of course, I try and do what is best health wise.