An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Non alcoholic wine

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by drc52, Feb 11, 2015.

1. drc52

drc52 Active Contributor

I've never thought of this before, but is there such thing as non alcoholic wine? If so are there any brands you would recommend? I always enjoyed wine functionally and would sometimes drink it just for the taste (as ridiculous as that may sound). Now that I can't drink without getting inspired to drink more I'm curious if non alcoholic wine exists, if not that might be a good business idea for someone!
  2. RingoBerry

RingoBerry Senior Contributor

Yes there are although I'm not really knowledgeable about wine. I'm not sure if chardonnays are all non alcoholic but we do have a few bottles of Ariel. That's the only brand I know.
  3. HugsNotDrugs

HugsNotDrugs Active Contributor

There are grape juices you can get that are made with Cabernet or Merlot grapes. It tastes different than like Welch's grape juice, but it still tastes like juice, not wine.

Unfortunately there's no good non-alcoholic alternatives to wine the way there is with beer :(
  4. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

Maybe someone should invent it for the wine drinkers that don't need the added alcohol. I mean why not they have the beer why not the wine too. It's a thought I use to enjoy a bottle of wine myself. When I say bottle I mean drinking from the bottle. I liked the arbor mist blackberry merlot. I do enjoy grape juice myself love that rich sweet taste and no alcohol :)
  5. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I once believed that non alcoholic beer and wine were probably just made as gag gifts but after seeing posts in this forum saying that it worked for them getting off regular alcoholic drinks, I'm convinced that it at least works for some. I'm sure there is non alcoholic wine out there somewhere. I think we even have some at Christmas for kids to drink. I'm not too sure but I think it's just sparkling grape juice or something similar.
  6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I don't know if there's such thing as non-alcoholic wine, but from reading others' posts, well I've got to say probably. But all I know is that wine is much better and preferable to beer as it is healthier and known to be good for the heart.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I am not familiar with that non alcoholic wine. Most probably that will be just grape juice. ;)
    It is a good thing that there are alternatives or non alcoholic beverages to help get rid of addiction.
  8. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

You can check with your favorite wine brands if they offer non-alcoholic options. Wine manufacturers are aware of the negative effects of alcohol so rather than add salt to an existing injury, they're trying to give people a taste of wine sans the alcohol. It's basically the same experience except that non-alcoholic wine spares you from getting intoxicated and contracting cirrhosis in the future. You can drink this wine as you please too and boost your health in the process.
  9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

For my 15th birthday my mom got me a non alcohol champagne bottle. I think I drank it all in 3 days. It was basicly soda. Back then I never knew it existed. Til this day I have never seen another bottle. I don't think it's a big seller, so why would the liquor stores even carry it?
  10. drc52

drc52 Active Contributor

I think they are sold primarily for children's birthday parties, as bizarre as that may sound.
  11. juno

juno Community Champion

I suppose non alcoholic wine can be very helpful for social situations. You should check kosher shops, because they will carry wine without the alcohol in it. Vandalia is another brand that is suppose to be good as well.
  12. Charity

Charity Member

This is helpful for social situations. However, I found the taste of this type of wine often is missing and makes me want the real thing even more. So I have to say, I would rather use the lemonaide or something that is wine colored.