An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

One of my favorite reasons...

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by kana_marie, May 14, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

image.jpg Here is a picture of one of many reasons I don't want to go anywhere right now, or anytime soon. This is one of the things that wakes me up EVERY morning (usually with my toe in her mouth). I wanted to share. She's a 6 week old full blooded gator pit. And, as you can tell, she's vicious and always on guard and prepared to to whatever it takes to make sure her and her's are okay.
    imperivm1 and medievalmama like this.
  2. medievalmama

medievalmama Community Listener Community Listener

Awwwww. Pits are the sweetest dogs. My 2 little dogs are so sensitive to me and my family's emotions. If anyone is upset or crying, they just wiggle right up. Much better companion than a drink or drug ever was. :)
    kana_marie likes this.
  3. kana_marie

They're a lot healthier, also. Lol
    I have 5 big ones, and then this little gal. Between them and my chickens I have 16 really good reasons to get out of bed. My kids live with my ex, and I needed the focus that comes with being a parent. So these guys are my surrogate children.

My birds are so tame that they run up to anyone in the yard and won't let you move, without either giving them a treat or stepping on one of them.

The two pictures are what you see when you step out of my house...

Attached Files:

medievalmama likes this.
  4. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

I won't lie, I'm kind of terrified whenever I find myself walking into a residence guarded by one of those fellas. I got to hand it to them, though - they sure are cute up close. And photogenic, too. I kind of envy you right now :D
    kana_marie likes this.
  5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Aww. Such a cutie patootie she is! I won't complain waking up early in the morning if that's the first thing I'll see the moment I opened my eyes. :)
    kana_marie likes this.
  6. gracer

gracer Community Champion

She's sooo cute! :) Having a pet is really a positive influence on a person. It gives us a certain feeling of warmth and importance. Plus, the sense of responsibility it gives you distracts you from craving for drugs or substances. Pets are positive influencers and good elements of change.
    kana_marie likes this.
  7. kana_marie

Honestly, I am a little weary of dogs I don't know, especially when there is more than one. And when I say "weary of dogs", I'm referring to ANY breed. The meanest dogs I have ever met are little ankle biters that are no bigger than a loaf of bread. But smaller teeth hurt, too.
    My children are the #1 "happy" in my life. I don't get to see them everyday, or even talk to them everyday, but they will always be my priority, no matter what they need. My husband comes in 2nd place. And in third are my animals. They don't give great advice, or even really sympathize or empathize. But they are great listeners, and they are very loving and sweet. Taking care of them has been my daily saving grace for a while now.
    gracer likes this.