An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

One season a year I see it clear

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Dec 24, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

We dig inside from the shitt we hide,we cry and scream of the thing's we've seen,once a year I revisit here.Look inside I say with pride,find your soul and patch the hole.These thing's I say I mean on most day's but once a year I revisit here. My heart ,my soul have paid a toll,a toll you know and want to let go but that thing inside none of us can hide,the pain the fear the voices we here,the dreams the shame who do we blame,look in that mirror and stare down you're fear,it's not the dope or the alcohol we cope it's the truth we see that puts hurt in thee,We run and hide from what's inside,why do we fear what's so incredibly clear?Human we are each from far but unitited we hate but together we mate,why do we buy the shitt they try,to make us feel,IT'S NOT FUC*IN REAL,We are flawed and we search for God, some don't believe what we cannot see,we feel the pain given from our brain,but deep inside it's just selfish pride.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern did you write that? it's poetry...and i like it. it's raw and real. "find your soul and patch the hole". wow. we feel the pain inside the brain... it might be more than pride... it might just be years and years of chronic emotional trauma... and yeah, some pride and fear... but we are working on healing that... yes... we are.

thank you for sharing.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

Ya my mind plays those little poems out all day long,I just usually never type them
    deanokat likes this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

That's beautiful, Arthur. Truly. Merry Christmas, my brother.
    True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

Merry Christmas to you as well my brother
    deanokat likes this.
  6. True concern

And thank you
    deanokat likes this.